1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Who entered the 2017 IAPLC?

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by ShadowMac, Jun 15, 2017.

1. BBogdan

BBogdan Aspiring Aquascaper

I also entered with two tanks . With my tank from home "Tangled Roots " , and I asked kindly a friend to enter with my other project "Envy Nature" .
    If only I could be with one of them in top 200 , i'll be very happy ! , Since none of these layouts were made to participate in contests.
    Best of luck to all! :)

ShadowMac likes this.

Sponsored link:

2. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

As Ed, said...most scapers are getting some help and critique. There are competitive groups helping develop the skills of those within the group. There are the rare few that have reached a level where few scapers can provide some feedback. The great Fukada is part of Tokyo Aquascaping Union, there is the Chinese, Creative Aquascaping Union, groups in Brazil, France, all over basically. I've personally been involved in a critique group and it helps a great deal to improve ones skills. It has improved my scaping and thinking on how to construct a good scape particularly for a contest. As with many things, the goal of the scaper is the principle factor in how to help them.

@lucasgg , If you are serious and continue to develop your talent as well as enter contests you could find yourself getting some serious critiques. I suggest when you post you ask what kind of a critique you want. The competitive Aquascaping critique is a challenging process. I went from loving my scape to hating it...then loving it...then hating it again. Then finally as happy as I was going to be with it.

Forums are great, but they are disadvantageous to competitive layout development. Partially due to the rules and concern over disqualification, secondly because the level of critique is generally average to poor. Facebook groups suffer from the same thing. 500 opinions don't help anyone. Distilled, skilled, and experienced criticism is best...and this can only be accomplished by small dedicated and frankly selective groups. It is not elitism...as it is sometimes accused of being. There are some skills that must be developed first, scapers should show some dedication and commitment to achievement in order to ask a great deal of time of people to help them improve further. 99% of what goes on in forums and Facebook is the development of the basics...growing plants and very basic layout stuff. Mastery of the basics needs to be achieved. I've come full circle on this and learned to see the point after it was made to me. Anyways, just some thoughts on the group improvement process.

Zeus and BBogdan like this.