1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Which Eheim for a 55 gallon

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by heyzeus, Dec 7, 2011.

1. heyzeus

heyzeus New Member

In my 55 gallon I currently have a fulva 304 and the flow is pretty bad. This has resulted in algae appearing in the dead spots (which there are quite a lot of), so i was planning on getting a few power heads to increase circulation, but after thinking about it a bit more I decided they're all pretty ugly looking.

So with christmas around the corner, I though I would ask santa for super powerfull new filter, thus eliminating dead spots and negating the need for ugly power heads.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to Eheim but I'm not sure what model. After doing a fair bit of research I leaning towards the 2075 pro, but I'm worried it might be too powerful and bend all the plants and maybe p**s my fish off (mostly tetrs and dwarf apistos).

So has anyone got any suggestions please on which model to go with. Price limt is around £200.

Cheers.

2. CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW Aspiring Aquascaper

i dont see any issues with having the pro in my opinion. Im running one eheim 2213 and a power filter. but you can always get a 2215 or 2217. The classic series doesnt have insanely amazing flow rates but its the media. Which is fairly good :D but if you can get a hold of a Pro series, that would be great.

3. Wwh2694

Wwh2694 New Member

Hello im selling my eheim 2180 is you want but the price is $275 with media included plus shipping US only.

4. GR1KTR

GR1KTR Aspiring Aquascaper

+
    With flow it doesn't always need to be biological filtration, esp in heavily planteds. I use a low turnover (4x tank volume) of biological (EHEIM 2213) in my 120g and my 21g with a wave maker for circulation. In theory your healthy plants should remove most of the organic/macro/micro elements, thus perpetuate the healthy eco-sysytem. All coming around to say - make those plants healthy enough to efficiently remove waste and reduce bio-filtration. Effectively plants are bio-filtration, just in case plantbrain is watching.

5. GR1KTR

GR1KTR Aspiring Aquascaper

6. jimi

jimi New Member

I used a 2215, was great. Still have it and not using it if you want it.