1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

where to get backgrounds

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by kardinalka, Oct 22, 2010.

1. kardinalka

kardinalka New Member

Hi!

I am looking for a background for my juwel rio 180 tank but the problem is that in our shops they only sell those very brightly colored backgrounds that just don't look right IMO...I am looking for a light blue (like sky blue) aquarium background...
    I am from one of the EU countries and I know there are quite a few EU people on this forum and I was hoping that you could help me find an online place where I could get this background from...I don't mind buying 2 or 3 backgrounds but don't want to buy the entire (expensive) roll...
    the site does not have to be in english, I just need them to ship to my country (SLO) at a reasonable price...

Thanks

2. Big Dog

Big Dog New Member

Why not paint the back of the aquarium? Here is picture of what I did with one of my tanks. Let me know what you think? It looks so much better in person.

[​IMG]

3. kardinalka

kardinalka New Member

Hi!

Well I don't know how I would be able to paint it...It has to be an aquarium safe paint and I don't know where I could get it. And my other problem is that the tank already has some inhabitants and I wouldn't be able to put them anywhere else to let the paint in the tank dry...
    The problem is that this is a 2 hand tank and it already came with a background that was glued (siliconed?) to the inside of the tank and when I removed that background (it was really ugly) the glue marks are still there and can't get them of (i tired with razer, olfa knife and nothing works) so I need something that I can put in the tank to cover those ugly glue marks...

4. Godfish

Godfish New Member

5. Big Dog

Big Dog New Member

To bad I could not read this info. Does look like a great product.

6. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

If you can't find an "official" aquarium background, I would do a DIY one.

Head over to your local art store and find some poster board or foam core in the color that you want.

-John N.

7. biguran

biguran New Member

get a garbage bag, they have them in all colors, cheap and easy