1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

What's Wrong with This Aquascape?

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by firstyuyu, Oct 14, 2015.

1. firstyuyu

firstyuyu New Member

I am interested to this hobby but because of financial limitation, maybe I can afford my first aquarium in next four/five months.

Today, I went to local aquarium supplier in my town to research about equipments availability and prices. I saw there is a demo aquascape in the store. But why is it not as green and fresh as many photos in ASW? It looks brown. The grass tends to be brown as well. What's wrong with the aquascape? It uses Eheim Ecco Pro as its filter. The aquarium is also CO2 injected.

Actually, I don't want my aquascape looks brown like that. What should I learn to prevent that? Here are some photos of the aquarium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Solcielo lawrencia

Solcielo lawrencia Aspiring Aquascaper

It's the lighting and the substrate.

3. firstyuyu

firstyuyu New Member

Hi Solcielo,

1. What's wrong with the substrate? Is it because of not enough / no fertilizer?

2. What's wrong with the light? Is it too much light? Or not enough light?

4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

firstyuyu

Its not what is wrong with that tank its what is good about it and that is a few small rocks that have plenty of character.

I would forget about that tank completely and start looking for a LFS that has excellent display tanks.

I would suggest you add your location as well as your country reason any members in your local area will recommend a good LFS for you.

I also suggest you do a lot of research here on ASW then start asking about the hardscape, plants etc that would be suitable for your financial limitations and what is available.

It looks like a basic low technology Aquarium is the best way for you to start.

Remember this the smaller the tank the less room you will have to make any mistakes.

You might be able to buy a good second hand tank as a learner starter with filter and hardscape etc.

Keith:):)

5. Solcielo lawrencia

Solcielo lawrencia Aspiring Aquascaper

Color temperature is probably low.
    Substrate color reflects a darker color.

6. keithgh

firstyuyu

We have not heard from you have you been doing any more looking at LFS

7. kylumi

kylumi Aspiring Aquascaper

Hey firstyuyu:)

It would be difficult for members to give you any accurate information based on the photographs you posted.
    Maybe the tanks owner could give you information regarding the water parameters, fertilizer regime, including phosphate/Iron and CO2 levels etc, which you could then post here. The more information the better.(y)

8. lucasgg

lucasgg Active Aquascaper

I need to mention that having a top notch ADA spick and span aquascape is not for the faint of heart! It requires many hours of dedication trial and error.

9. keithgh

Over the years I have seen similar postings asking for advice but when given by various members for some reason they are never seen again and that is a pity.

10. firstyuyu

firstyuyu New Member

Hi keithgh,

Sorry for not replaying. Actually I don't have aquascape now. I dream to build one. That's why I didn't reply the discussion because I don't have aquascape to implement the solution or suggestion from the forum member.

I will try not to post any discussion anymore until I buy my own aquascape. I will just read discussion in this forum to learn as much as possible.

If I am ready to buy my aquascape, I will open daily journal discussion here to ask dan discuss about my aquascpe, so I will be able to reply the discussion since I have aquascape to practice/implement the suggetion.

See you then and really sorry for the inconvenience. For me, this forum is really invaluable resources and amazing place to learn aquascaping :)

11. lucasgg

lucasgg Active Aquascaper

Please feel free to ask questions. Even the dumb ones. Every question is a question.

12. keithgh

firstyuyu

Now is the time to do all the research and planning so when you have purchased you are ready to go.

By asking questions you are actually helping others learn.

13. keithgh

Lucas

There is no such thing as a dumb question only the dump people who do not ask them.

14. kylumi

kylumi Aspiring Aquascaper

Hello firstyuyu :)

The idea of any forum (particularly hobby forums) is to allow it's members access to it's knowledge base. This includes Q&A via posts, established documentation via Specific threads and announcements etc. If you have an interest in this hobby, but your not yet equipped to be physically involved in it , this should not stop you from asking questions and generally becoming involved in forum discussions, whatever level your at.
    Forums like this can only exist with members like yourself.....who want to learn something new. So keep asking the questions buddy(y)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    greenfinger 2 and keithgh like this.
  15. firstyuyu

firstyuyu New Member

Thanks all for your support. I will learn as much as possible while saving for my aquascape :)

greenfinger 2 and kylumi like this.
  16. keithgh

kylumi

Thank you for posting those words of encouragement.