1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Whats up! help with dwarf baby tears PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by euphoria, Sep 27, 2011.

1. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I hope I came to the right place. Dbt not spredding. 20g with 3 t8s (2/10000k and 1/8000k) dose every other day with flourish, I have flourish substrate feet, gravel sub. They are nice a nice green color. They look good just not sure what I am missing.

2. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Do you have CO2? HC needs good CO2 levels to grow well.

3. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Yes I'm sorry I failed to mention, I have a DIY co2

4. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I don't know the co2 pom but I'm getting 2 bubbles a second. Google into the powerhead in a 20g tank

5. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

DIY most likely will not be enough to grow HC. It likes high stable levels of CO2. DIY is inconsistent and does not produce enough.

How do you diffuse the CO2? some have gotten better results with improved diffusion methods for DIY CO2. IMO, DIY is a nice supplement to a low tech tank that may not require CO2, but is not a replacement for a pressurized setup in a system that will have high CO2 demand.

How long have the plants been in the tank? Most plants spend energy and time rooting themselves before spreading. Without Co2 it is unlikely the HC is growing.

6. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Diffuse threw the power filter. They been in for approx 2 months. They look good and healthy. I have even gotten some to take root on some drift wood. Its just really slow. I also have wisteria that I think is soaking up most of the co2 and ferts. I'm thinking of taking out the wisteria and replacing it with something else that doesn't suck all the nutrients up so fast.

7. StanChung

StanChung Aspiring Aquascaper

HC like a bit of excel & low temperatures-21-26C would would be good] How long has it been planted? Pictures would be good. I suck at growing HC too but I found out the quality of emersed HC differs greatly and could be one of the reasons for my failure/s.