1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

What inspired you ??

Discussion in 'The Aqua Lounge' started by abhradip1986, Mar 8, 2012.

1. abhradip1986

abhradip1986 Aspiring Aquascaper

How it all started??

Well my fish keeping hobby started in a very weird way..I was in class 7 and my father was then working for Exide Industries limited, one evening he came back from office with a submarine battery acid container which was a rejected sample as it had a small dent from it's moulding, he brought it home so that my mom could make a vase out of it if possible. The shape of it looked kinda like an elongated 1.5 ft cube of a single glass, the design of it got me thinking why not make something out of it. Quickly went down to a carpenter shop an got a hut type hood made (that too red in color), till date I honestly do not know why I did it(but thank god I did, got me into a wonderful hobby). Put a light in an' it looked brilliant, then it struck me why not keep a few fish in it an' then came home jack an' goldie, my two fantail gold fish, from there moved to a 2ft tank a year later. post which there was a stop gap of like 6-7 years as I was travelling a lot for college etc, now that I am settled in bangalore getting back to my roots again.

2. portugal795

portugal795 New Member

I started by going in my grandfather's basement. When my dad was a kid, he had about 10 or 15 tanks. When i was in the basement as about a 10 year old, i went in and immediately wanted a fish tank. I then took his 20 gallon tank and set it up after purchasing all the equipment. Not the best story, but it is a memory i have always remembered.

3. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I'd always kept fish since small my reason for getting into aquascaping was an offshoot of discovering these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Someone pointed out they would make nice shrimp tanks which lead me to planted tank and into the aquascaping hobby. I didn't discover amano till I'd been in the hobby for at least 12 months...

4. abhradip1986

abhradip1986 Aspiring Aquascaper

Nice guys! why don't you post a picture of your tank..don't ask for mine right now though..:p it's still in it's cycling phase.. ;)