1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

What have you learned from each other?

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by John N., Dec 6, 2010.

1. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

So much of our hobby's progression is based off of learning from the trial and errors of fellow aquascapers.

What have you learned from each other? More specifically, what have you learned from people's journals?

I ask these questions as I want to point out how important it is for us to share information with one another.

-John N.

2. ghostsword

ghostsword Aspiring Aquascaper Staff Member

I have learned the relationship between Light, CO2 and nutrients, and there are some fantastic journals here, where I learn about emersed plants.

3. Frosties

Frosties New Member

I learned a lot from the farmers in Borneo. How to grow the plants successfully and how to avoid purchasing inferior products.

The most important thing I have learned from my customers is to listen... I listen to all feedback, good or bad. I also publicise and welcome it. Bad feedback always results in a positive response as I work with the reviewer to get it right.

4. Godfish

Godfish New Member

Well actually almost everything I know,I learned at my local forum in Croatia,(with help of books) so for me it was not only important but vital.

5. Frosties

Frosties New Member

I agree with godfish, almost everything I know has been through the power of forums and knowledge transference from other hobbyists.

6. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Forums have helped me immensely as well as experience through trial and error. Some things just have to be learned through experience.

Fellow hobbyists have been so helpful in my progression. I think that is something that is so great about this hobby is the comradery between everyone. Besides the beautiful scapes, it has been what keeps me in it.

I've learned about the best equipment, CO2, lighting, nutrients, they've helped me trouble shoot algae outbreaks, design elements, fish health. The forum goers here are much more knowledgeable than anyone at my LFS.

Locally there isn't really anyone who does this that I can find. It would have been nice to personally learn from someone face to face or through their own work in person.

I think ASW should have a yearly meet and greet!