I just decided to take this particular scape down but wanted to get your everyone's opinions on it and the methods I used for this tank. Materials: 75 gallon tank with oak trim 75 gallon oak stand and canopy 1 substrate heater with thermostat 1 150w heater 1 digital thermostat 2 48" florescent fixtures with daylight bulbs 1 Magnum 350 with micron filter 1 Emperor 280 power filter 1 small air pump with airline tubing 1 48" piece of driftwood acquired from the creek in the woods behind my house (not very conventional i know but they're some cool pieces back there while this one isnt the most interesting but i think it worked ok) 4 bags of play sand purchased (home Depot brand) 1 20 lb bag of organic sphagnum moss (Miracle Grow) 1 50 lb bag of organic potting soil (Miracle Grow) 1 50 lb bag of marble rocks (another Home Depot brand) Firstly I setup the stand, and tank making sure it was siting level. Next I placed the driftwood and used the first two bags of play sand to line the edges of the tank. Then I placed the substrate heater in the bottom of the tank and covered it with Sphagnum Moss. Next I placed about 3 inches of Organic Miracle grow in the bottom of the tank (red bag). Then I used the remaining 2 bags of play sand to cover the miracle grow. I added more play sand in the back left corner and on the right side of the tank (about 1/3 of the right side of the tank). Next I washed my marble rocks and placed them in the center of the tank. Then I added only enough water to moisten the substrate before planting some narrow leaf amazon sword plants and some banna lillies (I appologize for not having the scientific names at the moment I'll post them later) filling the tank the rest of the way with water. It took about a week for the water to completely clear with just an air stone running (I think the play sand was the big reason for this). I tested the water at this point and had a pH of 8.2 (we have really hard tap water) and an ammonia level of 0 I don't test for anything else because I really don't feel the need. Once the water cleared I ran a micron filter (Magnum 350) and some activated carbon (emporer 280 with biowheel). Over the next month I added the following fish: 6 discus (1 Blue Diamond High Fin, 1 White Face Red Melon, 1 Marlboro Red, 1 Pigeon Blood, 1 Blue Turquoise, and 1 Red Turquoise) 3 Koi Angel Fish 12 Lepoard Danios 5 Albino Bushynose Plecostomous 4 Calico Bushynose Plecostomous 2 Black Emporer Tetras 5 Pearl Gouramis 2 L260 About 6 weeks later I added some Giant Hairgrass, Cryptycorne Lutea, and a large Ozelot Sword which had sent out many runners (wish i'd gotten a picture but I didnt) at any rate I then planted the runners in the foreground. This tank has been running about 6 months and the pH has remained around 8 and the ammonia level never got above 0.5 ppm.