1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Western Desert - 55gal Iwagumi

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Arkaybee, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I bought the first part of my scape today and set it up. No plants yet but will be getting those hopefully next weekend. I plan to buy Dwarf Sag for the foreground and Vallisneria Spiralis for the background. I have some starter tetras in there right now...can any one suggest some fish that would look good in this scape?

If you have never seen pics of the southern Utah desert I suggest you google it to get a better idea of what I'm going for :)

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics, its all I have right now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

Hi,
    all those little stones will be covered with your dwarf swords and the only visible hardscape will be the big slope on the right and the tower on the left.

a fish that will suite right cool inmy opinion will be the Kryptopterus bicirrhis, glass catfish. your scape look kinda way mystic and this needs a special choice of fish.

did you fixed the stones on the right somehow? for this looks kindaway dangerous^^

3. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I may have to get some larger stones for the middle ground. The structure on the right looks a lot more dangerous than it really is. I was going to topple over at one point during contsturction but I have stablized it now and its there for the long run as long as my mantle doesn't collapse lol

Those are some creepy fish! I noticed the fish that I have in there now looked pretty boring with just the black walls of the tank. Since I have put the red rocks in the tank they are reflecting some of the red/orange light coming off the rocks and look pretty cool at certain angles. Maybe the catfish will do the same thing?

4. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

the fish you have in righ now are kinda way boring as there is no contrast.
    catfish will do not reflect the color of the stones because you can look threw them, they are transparent.. but as you said, they look creepy and imo this will suite well with your scape