1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Warm greetings from Nevada

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Isis, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Isis

Isis New Member

So happy to find this site and all your great advice. The aquascaping I've seen here makes my mouth water :%3.
    Anyway I would just love to do something in that line with my tank, though probably much more modest, since I really am a beginner.
    I've had just over a year's experience with fish keeping, starting out with a 50g tank, 9 rescued goldfish and silk plants/driftwood. Then I re-homed them recently to the local water gardens as they were getting huge. It was hard, I loved the guys/gals, they were real pets . . . But I was hooked and decided to try my hand with freshwater tropicals and a few live plants. So far I have 13 cardinal tetras, 9 serpaes and 6 redeye tetras. They all seem in great shape, are eating, schooling and active and not bothering one another.
    So . . . with these already in the tank would it be OK to change things around, (rocks, driftwood and plant new plants)? It's a low light aquarium for the moment and the plants I have in there seem fine too. I should prbably go about that before some bottom dwellers such as catfish?
    Anyway, I'd be delighted with some input/advice, THANKS so much :)

2. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

Hi Isis, welcome to ASW :hi:

do you want to improve your actual tank or start a real aquascape?

3. Isis

Isis New Member

Thanks for the welcome Juri :) I do have some stuff but I think I should just as well start from scratch . . .

4. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

ok, feel free to ask as many questions as you need

5. Isis

Isis New Member

thanks much, I will :)

6. Sticky65

Sticky65 New Member

Hi Isis. Sounds like yur in the same boat as me with looking for some sound advice with this aquascaping lark. Iv got a large garden pond for my beloved Koi and a small tropical tank in the lounge, but not sure where to start with setting up a new planted tank.

7. Isis

Isis New Member

Sticky65 Good Luck! I'm sure we will both find fantastic input from this wonderful site. Let us all know how you are doing and don't be shy about asking :)