1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

very new to aquascaping, can this be done

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by stolt, Oct 22, 2009.

1. stolt

stolt New Member

Hi there, spent the last couple of days reading through various threads and have been blown away by the richness of the examples on here. I would love to create a riverbank style aquascape but my problem starts when i want to get a tank such as the aqauaplasma 130 AQUAPLASMA AQUARIUMS, its the last one on the page. I appreciate that not many fish could be in there but i was hoping for a small shoal of neons to add to it. Will such a tank be able to support a aquascape in terms of filtration and also lighting?

thanks in advance

robert

some other links for the aquaplasma http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalog/Aquatlantis_Aquaplasma_130.html

2. seniordavid

seniordavid New Member

hello.
    i know well the aquaplasma.for me if it's your first try in aquascaping it's going to be difficult .this kind of tank are not large and the light is not strong enough .but it's possible to put a shoal of neons and a scape whit rocks(iwugami style)whit some little plants who "neccessit"(sorry for my english) not much light (eleocharis,microsorium if it's not to big).
    good luck:)

3. stolt

stolt New Member

hi there thankyou very much for replying (you're english is very good!:D) I thought as much with regards to the scape in my sized tank, i will look mor carefully at the iwugami styles. If it looks a fraction of the others on here i'd be very happy. But i'm not dilusional to think they i'm not going to make some mistakes at the start.

4. stolt

stolt New Member

hi just a couple more questions as the fishtank will be delivered tomorrow and i want to do things properly and set it up right. As a base do you think gravel would be the best bet (was going to go natural gravel with some bogwood bits) and then some of the plants that you mentioned. I really like the this moss wall and was going to try that, is the moss a plant that craves light? do you think that it wont be possible to have that in my tank. I also like it when the majority of the floor is covered in moss. If i wanted to try something would gravel base be good enough or would you use an aquatic soil or sand. thanks. Oh and ive just bought a water testing kit and wil only have small shoal of neons in the tanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

really love this one but i know i cant achieve this but i wuld like to try to get it close to this...

[​IMG]

5. vanscheck

vanscheck New Member

im a newbie too and the last pic is kinda professional...its looks so unreal...it really looks like your looking at the rivers edge with the ''roots'', but you can always try