1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Vallisneria scapes

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Axelrodi202, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Axelrodi202

Axelrodi202 New Member

Over the years I've found that some way or another my jungle vals always end up being the main plant in my 46 gallon bowfront. Anyone have any references or ideas for a tank featuring Vallisneria as the main plant? Fish would be cardinals and marbled hatchets, maybe with an angelfish.

2. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Vals tend to be used as background plants. A wall in the back with some shorter plants and hardscape in front always looks good.

this is a decent example:

[​IMG]

I've wondered to myself what it would look like to have a few tall stands of vals within the midground with shorter plants around like tall islands for the fish to swim in and around.

3. Axelrodi202

Axelrodi202 New Member

I already knew about using vals as background plants, but was wondering if there are any scapes out there where they are the main feature of the scape.

4. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

I've never seen any used that way. The one thought I had I shared, using them as centerpieces to planted islands within the midground.

greenfinger 2 likes this.