1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

update on rescape maybe shrimp eggs? took the pic yesterday

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by jasonperry, Jun 2, 2012.

1. jasonperry

jasonperry Aspiring Aquascaper

eggs.jpg

Sponsored link:

2. jasonperry

tpn+ is on its way (garuf )if u see this thread :) will update new photos soon of the whole thing just thought i would use a new clean thread :) plants looking grate bought some new cat loaches yesterday :)

3. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

Snail eggs, I'm afraid. Sorry. Shrimp don't lay eggs as a general rule they carry them till they hatch.

4. CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW Aspiring Aquascaper

snail eggs?... looks like calcium deposits they leave on rocks to me. (?) When I had zebra snails they would leave these on the glass, rocks and driftwood. Annoying to remove from driftwood.

5. Garuf

Nah, definitely snail eggs, just average run of the mill pond snails, not zebra nerites. Look like white "seeds" in a clear jelly right, Jason?

6. jasonperry

yes garuf in like a jelly i have some on the glass aswell pritty sux cos sick of keeping the numbers down i know there good in some way but don want a overload if u get me? i was gunner remove them but didnt know if the was the shrimps the shrimps have been breeding wel tho

7. Garuf

They're hard to remove, if you're getting a snail boom reduce feeding it will help knock back numbers. Snail killers wipe out everything without a spine in a tank, shrimps, the lot so it's worth avoiding them.

8. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

This is a Caridina_sp_Gulf1 "Darwin Red-Nose Shrimp" I do not know if these are sold out of Aust

See how she is carrying her eggs, when ready to hatch she will go into a dense plant growth and the shrimplets will pop out of their eggs and stay there for a few days, then venture out.

At a rough guess snail eggs, squash them if you have not done already.

A Clown Loach will clean them all up for you, its not only the snails its all the unhatched eggs that he has to find and snack on.

Do not use any chemicals as this will cause you far more problems than when they are alive.

Keith

9. jasonperry

thanks yeah i just crush them i would have clown loaches but wont they attack the shrimps?? i never use chemicals not my thing plus they never work and prob cause more problems that its worth. yeah my cherry shrimps was holding eggs just like that keithgh but i never got to see them lay the baby's it happend over night ha ha woke up to see them in the moss :) so just curers to what they was nm :( bloody snails! and yeah i will do that garuf ill feed every 2 days instead of daily i only feed small amounts once a day with tetra crusta menu for shrimps and cray fish.. so just wondering clown loaches and shrimps be ok ???

10. jasonperry

P040612_19.45_[01].jpg check this out i thought it was just another leafe growing and this opend up today ummm unusual this plant has never grew anything like this before its only since i rescaped added subtrate and using ro would like to know what it is? dose anubis grow flowers ??

11. Garuf

Nope, clowns will lay waste to your shrimp, they also get way too big for your 60cm tank. Assasin snails are a better bet and (cheaper).

12. jasonperry

P040612_19.58.jpg P010612_17.14.jpg P010612_17.15.jpg P010612_17.15_[01].jpg P010612_17.15_[02].jpg P010612_17.16.jpg P010612_17.16_[01].jpg P010612_17.17.jpg P040612_18.57_[01].jpg P040612_20.02.jpg a little update added some new cat loaches the other day grass is starting dividing new baby shoots keep poping up her and there :)

Attached Files:

13. jasonperry

ok garuf thanks :)

14. Garuf

Everything's looking really nice in there, Jason, it's conditioning up well, keep doing what you're doing!

15. jasonperry

thanks alot garuf glad im doing everything propery and correct now hey garuf do u know what that is growing in the anubis? i thought it was another leaf growing but this opend up today the pic is in the album and its the pic before i added the others just above :)

16. Garuf

It's a flower. A sign it's pretty chuffed with what it has going on, that.

17. jasonperry

wow awsome i must be doing somthing right ha ha hey that tpn+ is on its way :) did u say i didnt have 2 do the daily ferts with this stuff ?

18. Garuf

No, still dose daily. It's no extra effort realllllly to dose at the same time as feeding the fish or what have you.

19. jasonperry

ok yeah that what i do thanks garuf for help once again ha ha :)

20. jasonperry

do i dose the jbl still or dose the tpn+ daily because it says its a weekly fert ?:confused: