1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

update on my first scape. c02 and ferts change :)

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by jasonperry, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jasonperry

jasonperry Aspiring Aquascaper

wel this is an upto date lot of photos after i have been working hard on my scape i have intruduced some new rock and some hair grass as you can see my plants are looking more healthey so they almost there but its the waiting game now as for growth as i cut all my plants down also getting rid of the remains of algea. i have only been using the ei fe dosing for almost a week i have also ditched my diy co2 and now using liquid carbo alone the plants have already shown good signs of growth but as i say the algy. it has all gone off the tank and almost gone off al the leafes but its only been a week since started the new methods and its just the waiting period now for growth as im only low light so so slow and just one more thing big thumbs up and much thanks to the guys that have helped me;-)[/

yeah i get that garuf i never take notice of some of it i mainly just use it to look at layouts for ideas i mainly use it for inspieration ie the green machine wow his work is minde blowing awsome and yeah that made me think abit ha ha it wont be my thing using mirical grow ha ha(n) all the stuff i need to learn and under stand i use this forum because of its repatation and how long iv been using it everything i know mainly came form u and others and i couldnt be more grateful and as for infomation about things on utube i will always pop it on hear to ensure its correct like when i linked about the ei method so i dont just look at a vid an then do it before research like they say dont always trust on what some people say so im wel awear of that one (y) .

so what you think to my plants now starting to get ther forgot to mention i also got a bit of java moss planted some hydrocotyle leucocephala the other day as you can see in pic. i did a little research on hl it says that its quite easy keeping and can grow in low light so i got a little bit of it just to see how it dose so hope it grows nice i hear it can grow out the tank when kept in right conditions is tht right? be cool if it dose because my tank is open top look quite nice :)

Sponsored link:

2. jasonperry

Wel week 2 on new methods done my weekly wc and almost 4 hrs after my anubis and java fens have lots of oxygen bubbels poping off the leafes this sounds like a good sign? also after 2 weekis i also got new shoots off the hair grass prittiy much each day so im really pleased of the results of the one and only awsome ei method i think also doing better doseages of c02 has helped

3. jasonperry

Just want to say thanks for all the help guys ;-)

4. Mark T

Mark T New Member

Glad you are starting to see some positive results :) Keep up the good work(y)

5. jasonperry

Yeah deffo thanks man :)

6. jasonperry

I will update more pics soon :)

7. jasonperry

2012-12-26 11.03.39.jpg

wel the anubis flowered a new flower on xmas day :)

8. Linds

Linds Aspiring Aquascaper

Thanks everyone in this thread. I have learned a lot of stuff :).

I have a question though. what is that black piece of equipment in your last photo? I have seen a lot of them in pics and never known what they are.

Linds

9. jasonperry

Hi there thats ok regards to all the help off the team. That black thing is my hydor wavemaker its there to create beter water circulation around the tank to allow the nutrients to be carried to the plants more effectively and helps create good surface movement to prevent scum build up very handy bit of equipment deffently for planted good dead spot mover aswel. :)

10. Linds

Thanks mate. Does it make noise? I hate things that are noisy in and around my tanks.

Linds

11. jasonperry

Not really if you place it in the tank correctly also you need to ensure that its the correct turn over for ur tank u need at least 10times turn over so ensure you get the right lph or lpg they vary in size :)

12. jasonperry

week 3 wc day. added some more hair grass algea pritty much gone off the anubis so its getting there :)

Attached Files:

13. jasonperry

is it cheaper to buy or refill fire extinguisher? for those that use them on there regs.. i donnot know anywear that do refills local. is there anywear online were it can be sent away to be refilled and checked. how long do they produce c02 in the tank? il be going high tech in time better lights reg set up :) just need to know before i do how to keep the c02 equipment producing effective and cheap as i can.

14. jasonperry

ps when i do step up my game to high tech what is best for lighting led,t8 wich i already have or t5x2 tanks 2ft by 1ft any advice i was looking at a t5 lighting unit was going nice and cheap it has x2 white 14w and a blue and as for regulator are these ok... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300790838325?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
    and this is the light unit... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150792930...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 would appriciate the help thanks guys :)

15. Linds

I'm sure you will be able to get co2 bottles somewhere near you. I live out on a farm and I can get it locally. try welding shops and gas distributes. We have BOC gas here in Australia, they do all kinds of gas and are in most cities and some smaller places. I'm sure there would be the equivalent in the UK. They supply gasses for forklifts, heaters, welders, bars all sorts. Perhaps ask a local bub where they get theirs from, they use it for kegs most likely.

Linds

16. Linds

Do you know the species of the flowering plant in your setup? Just wondering if it is perhaps a terrestrial plant or one that grows closer to the surface in 'the wild'. Usually plants flower above the surface (like water lillies) unless there is something wrong and or they are flooded during the flower cycle. I have a plant that grows on my farm that survives under water part of the year then out of water for the rest of the year when it flowers and can be pollinated.

Linds

17. jasonperry

Yeah thanks il prob just ask about as for refilling should fined some weare and that plant that flowerd is just a large form if anubis quite a common plant easy keeping but p04 gready but very easy the smaller stuff under it is a dewarf form some people name it as nubis. The larger anubis i have had 2 flowers off it so far and i have also seen nubis with flowers they the same but mini size but my nubis hasent ever flowerd yet who knows might get a supprise and im not sure but anubis can be grown in or out the water colum but yeah it flowers well in water iv not had troubel so far only with algea but that is kept on top of now and i always proon when i see new leafs the old leafs tend to get algea on the edges after a long while with it been a slow grower but as i say with prooning it offten it grows quite fast and stays nice and healthy dont want it to take over as they have quite large leafes very nice plant to set off the scape the only thing they can look out of place sometimes with it been large deffenetly in small aquariums :)

18. Linds

Nice. I have a couple of anubis. they survived without any artificial light, minimal natural light and no food (nor fish) for months and were healthy as anything when I transplanted them. they must be hardy.

Wow you write long sentences! There are only two in that post of yours. :LOL:

Linds

19. jasonperry

No all mine and i tend to talk alot lol its mainly what i learnt off hear and what xp i had with it but yeah i do rabbit on sometimes :)

Linds likes this.
  20. jasonperry

2012-12-31 10.05.15.jpg

day after wc tank cleard up now:)