1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

update- driftwood rearrange

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by jasonperry, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jasonperry

jasonperry Aspiring Aquascaper

was looking at tank tonight and kept thinking that the right hand side anubis looked a lil too much cramped in with drift wood and looked a little bare in the middel area so i got my planting tool kit out and moved it :) pleased with my move and gives the anubis and right hand side plants more room to grow :)

Sponsored link:

2. jasonperry

P130612_19.58_[02].jpg P130612_20.05.jpg P130612_20.06.jpg P130612_20.07_[01].jpg P130612_20.13_[01].jpg hers some pictures :)

3. CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW Aspiring Aquascaper

hmm.. those arms sticking out of the driftwood seem a bit weird to me. because they are soo thin in comparison to the thicker main trunk area. anubias look healthy though.

4. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I'll concede they are on the thin side but the scape is coming on leaps and bounds, you can tell you're gaining confidence within the subject and it's showing already. A bit more light/co2 would be nice to kick start the carpet but I wouldn't complain, life in the fast lane isn't all it's cracked up to be, it's nice to take it slow at first, it's easier.

5. jasonperry

ok thanks for feedback catfish ;) . yeah garuf i am alot more confident from when i first started and the carpet is getting there the grass is shooting all over and spreading around the rocks a few more months and it should start to look a bit like a carpet :) my plant nutrition+ has arrived that will be going in once i have finished the other stuff off that should help with it been better stuff than the current fert im using so getting there garuf and my xp with planting is creeping up alot more now i can keep plants alive and growing so must be doing somthing right ha ha ha thanks for feed bak garuf (y)

6. Garuf

You'll crack it, that hardest thing to learn is "only bad things happen quickly" and PPPPP Planning prevents piss poor performance.

7. jasonperry

yeah i agree :)

8. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Jason

What I do like is that your are listening and learning.

I agree the Anubias is rather large if possible try moving the Anubias so that the tallest is in front or a whisker to the RH side of that DW trunk to the smallest Anubias towards the RH side of the tank it just "might" give it a better sight flow, I did say might.

I am not the best at Photoshop but I am trying to learn.

I have removed the other twiggy piece as it to me looks like a thumb and one finger pointing to ?????.

Rocks originally looked like pale walking stones across the front of the tank.

I have placed three at the LH end and added one to the pair in-front of the Anubias.

This will open up a large are a for foreground plants that also "could" be placed around and in the two groups of rocks.

The only other point about those rocks is I would prefer them to be of the same colour as the substrate as to blend in better, but with a few carefully placed foreground plants it could totally alter the appearance of those two groups of rocks.

Its just a few more points for you to consider.

I always prefer the natural looking tank but at the same time it must be pleasing to the eye and that is where you tank is certainly heading.

Keep up the good work.

Keith:):)

John N. likes this.
  9. jasonperry

thanks keith for that input will have a look at doing that when i do my wc on sunday i might snap off that lil branch just having a little think about it so would u say it will look better if i have the higher growers all the way down to the dewarf anubis instead of in the middle like a taper peering down to the right hand side of the tank?

10. jasonperry

P150612_11.27 - Copy.jpg P150612_11.42_[04].jpg hey garuf i took ur advice on that frosting contact from wilkos :) really happy with the backing now :) thanks alot

Attached Files:

11. jasonperry

12. Garuf

it's amazing the difference it has made actually isn't it! Try back lighting it now and have fun with experimenting.
    Good tips by the way Keith.
    Jason, clean that diffuser!

13. jasonperry

yeah deffo my back light has come and iv fitted it looks awsome now i also broke that thin peice of drift wood off im doing a wc tomo ha ha ill clean it :)

14. Garuf

Best to clean the disk by soaking it in bleach for 5-10 mins then in water for the twice as long, then putting dechlorinator on the disk directly and leaving for 5 mins before rinsing and re-introducing it. Result: lovely clean diffuser, smaller bubbles. Do it once a week for best effect. :)

15. jasonperry

wel i cleand it all up just used a cleaning pad with warm water its come up nice and clean :)

16. jasonperry

added lobelia cardinalis plant today purple and green leaf brakes the colours abit really stunning plant :)

17. Garuf

You may struggle with that one, potentially not enough light but good luck!

18. jasonperry

thanks :) just thought i would give it a try if i was to up the light i hear that pink light is really good for plants what sort of light would be the best ? i have a 20w aqua glo my overhead unit only houses one t8

19. jasonperry

do leds do anything for plants ?

20. jasonperry