1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Total novice from Toronto

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by clivenufc1, Apr 18, 2011.

1. clivenufc1

clivenufc1 New Member

Hi. My name is Clive. Over the next few weeks my 12 year old son and I are going to set up our first aquarium. We have opted for a 38gal tank in which we hope to create a lush aquascape for a community of freshwater tropical fish. We are very much in the research stage and already our heads are spinning. So much info and so many opinions!! We have many questions. Any links to articles or threads regarding equipment would be very much appreciated. Looking forward to conversing with you all.

2. ghostsword

ghostsword Aspiring Aquascaper Staff Member

Hi Clive,

Welcome to the forum.

It is great that you are setting up a tank with your kid, great opportunity for both of you to learn and for him to start on this amazing hobby. He will tell his kids and grandkids that he started with his daddy, how many kids can today say that they started a hobby with their parents? :)

For tips and lots of information this forum is perfect, we got the magazines, articles, plantpedia, journals, aquascaper of the month, and many other stuff.

It was in Toronto that I got the inspiration for g a exxo terra for aquatic purposes.

A friend from work took me to a pet shop that was slip in two levels. Dog food and sundries above, and reptiles, dogs and fish on the basement.

I just know that I was close to a motorway, on a commercial complex and had a massive parking lot.

I know that Toronto is big, this was at least 30 minutes outside town, but his shop if it still exists is worth a visit.

Welcome to the forum and post any questions you may have, start a journal and we will do our best to help you out!

3. clivenufc1

clivenufc1 New Member

Thanks for your words of encouragement Luis
    My son has really been the driving force behind this enterprise but the more I delve into my research the more interested I become. The opportunity for scientific learning is tremendous.....good for both of us!
    Regarding the pet supply store you mention; it doesn't ring any bells but I'll ask around.