1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Thief's ADA Mini M Tank.

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by thief, May 10, 2008.

1. Pat7676

Pat7676 New Member

See the pics now its looking good. Get some plants in that puppy!!

Sponsored link:

2. thief

thief New Member

Thansk guys,

Well I went on aquabotanic.com and found alot of the plants I need. I only need to find glosso and that cladiphoria (sp?) Ive been searching and it's no where to be found. I am starting to think of willow moss now although I won't have that awesome looks on the wodd anymore. But since this is my first hi tech planted tank I don't mind making mistakes.

Right now I am having a mysterious problem with my driftwood. There is this white fuzzy cloudy looking stuff. It has been there for the last few weeks. I don't know what to do. I will take picture today and make a thread somewhere.

Thanks for reading.

3. fishman9809

fishman9809 New Member

use excel to get rid of the fungus on wood, manzanita usually gets it. just overdose excel, it will go away :D

4. Joe Faria

Joe Faria New Member

Hi,
    You got a fungus... no worries, it's quite normal in new set-up's with driftwood. Basically, it's microorganisms having a meal on your DW.

Like the old say ''easy comes, easy goes....''

Regards,

Joe Faria

5. thief

thief New Member

Thanks for the tips. Sorry for not being on the forum as much either. I will wash it tonight. I don't have any excel or ferts either as I will be making these tanks into shrimp tanks. I want them to be beautiful and I want the health of my shrimps the best it could be. I know people dose and still have breeding's but I still think it takes away some life. Smoking is a good way of thinking of it.

6. thief

thief New Member

Anyways I will be ordering another filter called the Rapids Mini Canister filter. I want order one and find some lily pipes to fit it. Also I will be making a order from Greenleaf Aquarium. I hope to buy a CO2 System, tools, and some glassware.

7. thief

thief New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well It been awhile. Tank is still not where I want it and I will be going through a big update. It's been busy here but I plan to do a refit ( take out the Aqua Soil and put sand) Or a complete rescape. I have Plenty of Scaping materials now though so I should be able to make something more balanced than this scape. More to come this summer hopefully!

8. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

welcome back thief :)
    somehow it looks different from what you showed us last time. maybe you can tell us more what happenned to it?

9. mikeb210

mikeb210 New Member

BUMP
    I remember when this thread started... Where do you stand now thief?

10. thief

thief New Member

Haha me too... I have definitely improved!

Well the tank itself looks the same. But I literally don't need to perform any maintenance on the tank itself other than trimming every 1-2 months.

I don't dose or use Co2 and the tank is very healthy. Sure growth rate is VERY slow but I have other tanks now that I am starting.

I recently bought about 150lbs of Seiryu stone. And these stones are HUGE (bigger than basketball). So with a recent move to a New bigger and nicer house, I will be making stand all this summer to hold and show my tanks to people who come (instead of having it all in my room).

So right now I have A lot of plans such as my ADA Mini M (this is another Mini M!), 60-P, and later on might be getting a 90-P or 120-P to feature an awesome Seiryu stone layout.

I can go on for hours about my plans. But for now I am busy with school 24/7 and I am still in my old house alone until I finish school and summer starts where I can then move all my tanks with out a problem.

Otherwise I am still just getting into the game of aquascaping, and with other side project as well. So just because I am not here on the site doesn't mean I am out of the hobby it just means that I am up to something, a surprise so to speak.;)B-)

11. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

these are nice projects thief ;)
    please keep us update about your new projects and start a journal as soon as you start the new tanks :)

12. bigredmachine

bigredmachine New Member

always love the boxes, the japs somewhat fonts. what a tidy package.

and nice scape you got!