1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

The Art of the Planted Aquarium 2009

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Tobi, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Tobi

Tobi Team Flowgrow

[FONT=&quot]Hi All,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I just want to inform you about this nice Aquascaping event:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Art of the Planted Aquarium 2009[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After our great success in 2008 we will hold the 2.International Championship of Aquarium Decoration at the „Heimtier Messe“ in Hannover.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This time we will also have a Nano- competition. This year’s date is February 6th to 8th, 2009. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The competition will feature the most attractively decorated planted aquariums. The show will be live, all competitors will put together their aquariums in front of the public. Each competitor has to bring their own decoration materials, gravel and plants. The Dennerle company has offered to supply 50kgs of gravel to those that do not want to bring it (please make sure to order when you register for the competition). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Each participant has time to decorate their entry aquarium from 10 AM on Friday February 7th until 1 PM on Saturday February 8th. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For the Nano Aquarium competition you may also bring the completed entry with you, providing it is a Dennerle Nano Aquarium with the same dimensions. The visitors may watch the participants work on their aquariums on both days.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For the XL competition we have 52 aquariums (100x50x50cm/250 liters) with complete light and filtersystems available. [/FONT][FONT=&quot](two Dennerle T5 Amazonas Day bulbs, Eheim Ecco pro3000 filter). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Nano competition will have 40 aquariums (25x25x30cm/18.75 liters) with complete light and filter available. (11 Watt daylight 6000 Kelvin, Nano Cornerfilter). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We again have an international jury from Germany, Denmark, Poland, Canada and Taiwan. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The international jury will judge all entries on Sunday and the prizes will be awarded on Sunday afternoon. We also have a complete program with seminars and workshops by well known aquarists.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Each participant will receive a certificate, winners will receive trophies. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The entry fee is 100 Euro for the XL competition and 60 Euro for the Nano competition. The XL participants may purchase their aquarium for 250 Euros at the end of the competition. Nano participants receive their aquarium as a gift. Each participant will also receive two exhibitors passes and three day passes. The passes are valid for the entire „Messe“ in Hannover, you may visit all the exhibition halls.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Contact/Information[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Web: Championship 2009[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mail: info@planted-aquarium.de[/FONT]

2. Tobi

Tobi Team Flowgrow

Hi,

you can still take part at the "The Art of the Planted Aquarium 2009".

I'm looking forward to meet some of you there [​IMG]

Best Regards
    Tobi

3. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

Hi Tobi

And congrats with the position as a judge !

Im sorry to say that im unable to participate this year. I have to be at my wife 30 year birthday...

I was really looking forward to seing you again and participation in the competition. I had planned a tank that would bring me a better position than last years top 10 :) - And with you as a judge i was sure to get high placement right ;)

But remember to say hi to Martin, Jon and Jens from www.akvarieplanter.dk (And be nice to them)

And take some pics ;)