1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Straight to ADA Aquasoil

Discussion in 'Substrate' started by John N., Sep 28, 2010.

1. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

I have checked other Europe prices for ADA Aquasoil, it is priced at 32-33€ in nearly all countries except UK.

Have seen somewhere a fact sheet on all Aquasoil types, Amazonia is by far most rich in nutrients. This needs Tom Barr to test them all, though 8)

Sponsored link:

2. StanChung

StanChung Aspiring Aquascaper

Amazonia 2 9L is approx 21Euro here in Mlaaysia at RM88. A little cheaper with some bargaining.

Started out with-
    Holland Sand + Sera Floredepot-
    Holland Sand + Dennerle Deponit
    Aquasoil Amazonia + Powersand.
    Aquasoil Amazonia 2

My preference is A1 regular + A2 powder as 'topping'. Powder is more pleasing for the front edge in tanks below 90cm.

Sand and soil don't compare well. Agree that the ammonia content in A1 is what gives the plants a boost.

3. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Aspiring Aquascaper

32-33€ is the recommended retail price in EU.

4. Jdinh04

Jdinh04 New Member

When I first got into the hobby, I knew nothing about substrates or even heard of the term. All I knew was gravel, and at the time, it was blue. It was not until I did some research that I came across the term substrate(s), and became aware of the many types that were suitable for growing aquarium plants. Also being new to the hobby at the time, I wasn't sure of the cost margins, so like most, I went with the cheap stuff like Schultz Aquatic Soil, which was mainly for growing pond plants. As I got deeper in the hobby, I tried other substrates like Eco Complete, Flourite, Soilmaster, and finally settled with ADA Aqua Soil due to outstanding growth and quality of plants. And as of today, I don't think I will use anything else besides ADA Aqua Soil with the exception of decorative sand for my substrate.

5. Jurijs mit JS

Jdinh,
    I would be 100% happy with aquasoil if there wouldn´t be that mess during the first days.
    Does A2 cause less cloudiness and is less aggressive to plants such as HC ? This is enother problem I had with aquasoil, my first HC load all died because of the aggressive Aquasoil, in other soil types it settles with no problem.

6. Jdinh04

Jdinh04 New Member

Juri, what do you mean when you say aggressive?

7. StanChung

StanChung Aspiring Aquascaper

I think he means the plants[HC] melted because of Aquasoil properties.

Sensitive plants like Blyxa and Cryptocoryne's don't do well in newly set up Aquasoil tanks. It's best to put those in at least a week later.

HC sometimes too IME, especially if not enough CO2 is fed while it's converting from emersed to submersed[as it's sold here].

8. Jurijs mit JS

Stan is reading my mind :%3
    Exactly as he said, high ammonia and low gh/kh makes it difficult to dissolve enough co2, I have had to add gh/kh + additives for the first few weeks to increase my water hardness to a "normal" lvl
    my tap water is very soft

9. Jan P.

Jan P. New Member

hi all,how long I can leave ADA amazonia without water after unpacking?I want to try some hardscapes.thanks

10. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

derfliw likes this.