1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

stone hill

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by cray, Jul 10, 2008.

1. MonoBarrientos

MonoBarrientos New Member

Hi!
    I like your "different" touch!!

In the picture with Cryptocorynes, looks very good!

Thanks !
    Gmo

Sponsored link:

2. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

no, there are still some peaces of wood - watch in the middle between the moss and stones.
    any ideas about the fauna?

3. Asgard

Asgard New Member

What is the tank size, how may liters (available), temperature, water hardness.
    If you want to go easy, I say White Clouds (Tanichthys albonubes) and Red Cherry Shrimp RCS (Neocaridina denticulata var. sinensis). because both species are cheap, available and hardy.

4. HiDef

HiDef New Member

Are you running Co2 in this aquarium?

If yes, how are the L134 going in regard to the Co2.

I would love to add my L168 to a planted tank, similar to what you have done here, but are too scared the Co2 might harm them.

I do understand it may not always harm fish where a balanced planted tank should provide the perfect home. But L numbers are not cheap and i would not be happy to harm them.

:)>-

5. cray

cray New Member

Good morning.

Here some answers.....
    Tanksize is 100x40x40 cm = 160 liters
    Temp: is about 28 degrees
    PH:7 / GH: 9 / KH: 8
    The fauna: the yellow shrimps had to go and instead of them there are hundreds of red cherrys inside now...also 6x L-134 and some young m. galaxys .......
    There is no CO² in this tank .
    I removed the Cryptos and the big wood because there was to much of green and i couldnt see any rock anymore =)
    take a look
    [​IMG]

i like the actual view without cryptos and the big wood more.......
    [​IMG]
    around christmas time i will scape the moss a bit....

6. Asgard

Asgard New Member

28C, that's really the upper limit for (Cherry) shrimp, at around 30C most shrimp die. White Clouds are out of the question, Galaxies prefer colder water too.. If you put in big fish, your tank will look smaller and your shrimp might get eaten. I would suggest a small tropical (schooling) fish.
    And a few A. helena's if you want to get rid of the snails.

7. cray

cray New Member

Hi Asgard!

I dont know how deep your experience in shrimp breeding is....but after a few years i can say that red cherry are breeding from 11°C until 32°C without any losses....
    aehh and i think you are talking from a other fish as i keep already in this tank...microrasbora sp. galaxy also know as danio margaritatus they are doing fine and they also breed in this tank.
    And why should i kill this wonderful and helpfully snails ?:confused:
    [​IMG]

8. Asgard

Asgard New Member

Then you have other experiences then I have with shrimp. I know they have no problems with low temps. some of mine are kept outside do even well under ice with near 0 watertemp. in the tank. At temps above 27-28C mine all surface, at higher temps mine die.

No, I'm talking about the same fish as you do, The Celestial Pearl Danio Forum :: Index I keep them as well.
    Their natural habitat is the cooler mountain regions near Hopong , Myanmar, to the N.E. of lake Inlé, mine breed at 18C-24C which is close to their natural habitats temperature Danio margaritatus, Celestial danio / Galaxy rasbora - Practical Fishkeeping Forum Not to say you can not keep them at higher temps (like the shrimp) but both species prefer (and do better) at lower temps then your tropical 28C. (it seems link is not working: http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19713 )
    The fish as well as the shrimp are considered to be sub-tropical, room temp. (20-22C) is supposedly best. They even prefer fluctuating day-night temps.
    Well you won't believe it, but I even have about the same species of snail, mine are more reddish; my tank; Veni Vidi Vissie Toon onderwerp - Asgard's Rekord60 & Rena
    and no, you shouldn't kill those snails they are beautiful, but I also saw malaysian trumpet snail, who most people consider to be a pest.

So basicly we keep the same species, but have partly different experiences.. still think 28C is too high though ;), at least at the upper limit.