1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Starting point Wabi-kusa ?

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by greenfinger 2, Mar 24, 2013.

1. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

greenfinger

Before I read your reply I will not write what I said when I saw those red pieces.

A nana petite have you checked if it will grow in that condition if not I can check an Aussie Commercial grower for you.

Keith:):)

Sponsored link:

2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

hi Rmac thank you :) am looking forward:D to seeing your Wabi-Kusa ;) cheers roy

3. greenfinger 2

hi Keith i am curious to what your reply will be :eek: hope its good:) as to plant i know its a mutation i think from Anabus Nana which grows in bog like conditions and under water to so hopefully will be ok:unsure: but that's all part of the fun never knowing what going to happen :D nature will let me know(y) cheers roy

4. greenfinger 2

hi all ,update Indian fern has first feathery frond opening :cool: this and other fronds at back of Wabi-Kusa;)will look good as it has different shape to it and will contrast with other plant leaves:)cheers roy 049.JPG

hydrophyte and stevo like this.
  5. keithgh

I think you should change your name to Green Thumb as you have a way with plants

This is a small piece of Anubias nana petite it took me many years to locate it then it cost me over $5 per leaf.

O have had this piece for over two years now, it grew from 5 very small plants, they are a extremely slow grower.

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  6. greenfinger 2

hi Keith thank you have all ways been good with plants ;) me and the wife came 2nd out of 1000 allotment holders last year(y) we just love growing things:rolleyes: that Anubias petite WOW HOW MUCH i can get a small pot for £ 3.50 about $5 and make 3 nice little plants:D it is more available now so price has come down am going to try in Wabi-Kusa if it works it will look good ;) will update soon(y) cheers roy

7. keithgh

Roy
    That piece of mine was glued to a twig as it was too small and delicate to tie down.

You must have a fantastic Garden.

8. greenfinger 2

hi Keith well that little plant has done well:cool: you must be a happy man(y)and yes the allotment doing well started it 2 years ago done on a bed system less digging:D and cannot beat fresh veg:love: flowers look good to:cool: cheers roy

9. greenfinger 2

hi All went to LFS to get Anubias petite not in stock:cry: so put on order for next week:D but got a Anubias nana and another marsh plant Ophiopogon kyto looks like a pineapple top have placed An/nana on RHside of Wabi-kusa next to fern frond and O/k at back where more fern plants are starting to grow think will look good when get a bit bigger ;) but am happy the way things are going will update soon(y) cheers roy 052.JPG

ptiJo and keithgh like this.
  10. greenfinger 2

11. greenfinger 2

12. keithgh

Roy

Its looking super fantastic now.

[​IMG]

You are making it very hard to do any constructive criticisms at all now.

My suggestion is to put "1" palm behind the wood, if I am correct those plants develop very quickly.

The reason being it would give it that extra hight and have an "Umbrella" effect over every thing.

I also noticed a light coloured rock or is a lighting effect.

13. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith thank you for your kind words and the likes:) it is in need of something at the back but was waiting for fern to grow up to see shape and then add a little something:D well nothing gets past you that rock is lighter than the rest :eek: i did not see that and i look at Wabi-Kusa every day will sort that out :LOL: even wife said it was looking nice;) will update soon (y)cheers roy

14. ptiJo

ptiJo Active Aquascaper

'Battling not to try this at home myself... :ROFLMAO:

Having already tried "small volume" before, I was wondering how often you have to moist the emerged parts and/or refill the "tank" because of evaporation?

15. greenfinger 2

Hi Ptijo:D GO ON DO ONE you know you want to;) Wabi-Kusa in tank with lid so plants have humid air but do wet on top of wood once a day do a 25% water change once a week :) not a lot of evaporation but will have to top up once W-K comes out of tank ;) will up date soon (y)cheers roy

16. keithgh

Roy

When I was doing my Cabinet Making Apprenticeship, my boss only had to tell me once "Finish is the most important thing" reason being is that is what is seen first.

That is possibly why I looked into every detail when I was teaching the trade for 26 years.

I put about 40-50 C parva into the front of the Shrimp tank last week and so far it looks like 2-3 have floated up but other than that all as good as the day I bought them.

17. ptiJo

ptiJo Active Aquascaper

OK, that's what I expect. Thanks. Since I put a LID on my "Ferrero Mon Chéri" box, the HCC started to grow emersed. And I didn't have to refill everyday any more :p

18. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith yes mate you do have a eye for detail :) you see what we miss :D you must have been a remarkable teacher and your students must have done well under your tuition:) 40 to 50 C parva WOW bet that looks impressive :rolleyes: when they settle in you will have to post a pic (y)cherrs roy

19. keithgh

Roy

On my last count done by an ex student 37 were then teaching the trade but now ???

The best was 6 out of 10 from the same class.

This a pat on the back for myself when I started the students were taught only to do this and that and never think for them selves and we as a school were down the bottom.

My old boss died very suddenly that left me a 1st year student teacher myself in charge of the Cabinet making Dept.
    13 years later we were on the top and had been there for many years.

Keith :):)

20. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith that rock you pointed out plus that little white one just down below :D thought i was going mad as i did not remember them so looked back at pics and rocks not there:confused: EXPANSION GRANDSON when i was taking pics. I left the room and he put the two rock out of his pocket in W-K he liked them there:) well when he told me. I fell about:ROFLMAO: told him that you said those were to eye popping his little face:( that made me roll about again :ROFLMAO: still got to the bottom of that one ;) cheers roy