1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Starting point Wabi-kusa ?

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by greenfinger 2, Mar 24, 2013.

1. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Roy

I have been thinking instead of finishing off the Terrarium get another mini tank with a LED light and do something like that as a have a nice piece of Gold vine DW. That tank could have a leakage problems
    [​IMG]

Keith:):)

Sponsored link:

2. Rmac

Rmac Aspiring Aquascaper

This thread has inspired me to make a Wabi Kusa I have a perfect dish( I think), I really need to slow down lol. I really like what you have done with this though,it would make a nice table peice

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  3. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

hi Keith nice one:D love the DW eye catching piece ;) as i said think this is a stunning idea cannot wait for your up dates have fun ;) catch up soon (y) cheers roy

4. greenfinger 2

hi there Rmac, glad you liked thread and has inspired you to have a go have fun and enjoy your 1st Wabi-Kusa and think it will make a fantastic table piece and talking point ;) please update on your progress as nice to see what others get up to (y) cheers roy/ ps start a journal you may inspire others ;) that's what its all about :D

5. greenfinger 2

040.JPG hi there all had another little idea;) for a Wabi-Kusa this is day one :) i given this one a name :rolleyes: (Stand Alone )all comments welcome(y)cheers roy View attachment 5038 041.JPG

6. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Here is the start of my Wabi Kusa: IMG_20130402_093959.jpg

Since all the plants were submerged I wrapped it to ensure they don't dry out while they transition. I will then slowly expose them to drier air.

7. greenfinger 2

hi Shawn , was going to ask if you had started your Wabi Kusa;) see that you have :cool: nice bowl that looks like its going to be a stunner :rolleyes: thank you for sharing as i said love this idea(y) cheers roy

8. Rmac

Rmac Aspiring Aquascaper

It's like a teaser shot ;) looks good though

9. greenfinger 2

hi Rmac ,yes but i like it :) teasing is so nice ;)hope you have started your Wabi -Kusu:D no teasing you said you had a nice bowl:whistle: so lets all get started(y) cheers roy

10. Rmac

Rmac Aspiring Aquascaper

Sadly no, working twelve hour shifts and school has taken over the last couple days. I kind of want to try mine with only locally gathered materials and plants, I live in the dessert but I know of a little creek I can drive to although I'm not sure if i could find enough plant variety there. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow if I dont rescape the 29gal

11. greenfinger 2

hi Rmac , i get my stone in local stream /brook :D if its near you have a look ;) less plants sometimes the better few stones well placed you never know what will happen :D if no time :cool: have fun with 29 gal (y) all the best roy

12. Rmac

Rmac Aspiring Aquascaper

It needs work badly. I have these two awesome peices of DW i want to add but i fear they may be too small. of course I will start a journal

13. greenfinger 2

hi there, best way to start a journal (y) lots of feedback :cool: from like minded people :D best info from around the world :cool: opened my eyes to aquascaping will never look back:D(y) roy

14. greenfinger 2

hi all little Wabi-Kusa started 2 days ago have added a little bit of moss to bottom of each side of rock:) took out hair grass to big and replaced . HC cuba starting to put down small roots after only two days :rolleyes: wife likes this little one:love: DSM doing well in 1st scape too (y) cheers roy 044.JPG

15. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

greenfinger

My only concern is that stone is taking up a lot of valuable space.

Keith:):)

16. greenfinger 2

hi Keith yes the rock is a bit big but looks good ;) only did it for a bit of fun with the grandson :) he has a little tank that he keeps snails in but wants a bigger one so he can set it up like my aquascape:D a littel scaper in the making me thinks(y) cheers roy

17. greenfinger 2

hi all update on Wabi-Kusa first planting doing well :Dso added some little bits :giggle: i know to staged :eek:but i hope will look good in time ;) in pic where clay bit are thinking of placing Anabus nana petite. and on DW shelf above lots of moss :) as and when gets damp just starting to(y) cheers roy 048.JPG

18. ptiJo

ptiJo Active Aquascaper

it really looks nice !

19. greenfinger 2

thank you ptiJo;) i am having lots of fun with this:D no stressing what its going to look like in the end:LOL: cheers roy

20. Rmac

Rmac Aspiring Aquascaper

Greenfinger this looks awesome!hopefully I'll start mine sometime next week, I've been busy