1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Starting point Mini Nature Riparium - New "Cube Re scape "

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by greenfinger 2, Apr 20, 2013.

1. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Roy
    Be careful that moss does not cover all the bits of DW if it does it will look like any other scape tall plants a stack of moss on?? and some nice river stones.

Keith:):)

Sponsored link:

2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Keith, Will keep an eye on the moss will trim to keep low and in shape:) Regards Roy

keithgh likes this.
  3. greenfinger 2

Hi All, Update on M N R Things going well Still waiting for plant to be in stock .This plant for some reason is hard to get. But will only buy From where i know Plants are good .But may have to look on the WWW fingers crossed all will be ok Have given plants a trim Lots of new leaves growing now Two pics 037.JPG 036.JPG

nick.scott likes this.
  4. diego.s

diego.s Aspiring Aquascaper

Hi Roy, nice aquarium, but spare me those stones in front.
    That's how I like:
    [​IMG]

Asthaparhim and keithgh like this.
  5. keithgh

Roy

Next good photo please remove that filter outlet.

Did you try anything to get rid of those snails as it has no fish in it I would think it would be easy to kill them all of.

WARNING remove all of that stinking "Duck Weed" as that is what it is it is capable of blocking out the light and even blocking up filters.

I see any in a tank I will not buy any thing from that tank.

Not that far back I bought a few plants (Forum sales) and it all went in the bin I gave up trying to remove all of it.

6. greenfinger 2

Hi Diego, Thank you :D:D I am glad you like my Little Scape;)

7. greenfinger 2

Hi 1st Thank you Nick .Scott :) Keith, Yes Will take out filter pipe ;) Snails problem not sorted yet but seem to be far fewer ?? but will get down LFS soon. Grandson on School hols So been out and about :D:cool: Duck weed I Love it:cool: Takes out Nitrate from water column Never had a problem With it :)I Just keep it under control Take out 2/3 rds of it out and the rest Let it do own thing all over again :D Fish in larger tank Often Snack on the roots Especially the Angel fish They love it :)

8. keithgh

Roy

Some fish just love the stuff must be a delicacy for them.

Keep an eye on the inlet and the impeller as it can cause problems there.

9. greenfinger 2

Hi 1st thank you Asthaparhim:) Keith, Yes they nibble on it all the time ;) Will keep an eye on filter ;) Regards roy

10. greenfinger 2

Hi All , One pic of MNR As it is today ;) Will have to rethink the riparium part:( As starting to get colder nights now and the plants are showing signs of this :cry: Shame but there you go summer is almost over. Will trim back plants and raise water level :) Will update soon 038.JPG

11. keithgh

Roy as long as the roots are not damaged it will be OK just trim it very hard and, keep it trimmed

12. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith, Thanks will do :D Thank you Mahnatesh for the like on the Cube:)

13. greenfinger 2

Hi All, Had a little problem in the cube :( Staghorn & hair Algae Well if you are going to get it why not all at once :( One good thing can kill two birds with one stone :) Well liquid C02 have been triple dosing every day for about two weeks now Staghorn was the first to start to die :D go's a nice shade of pink :cool: Hair algae takes a lot longer but i can see that i am winning the battle:D Have been doing a water change every few day only a couple of liters but this seems to help.All other plants growing well :) Funny thing M N R set up the same way had a little bit of green algae at the start but that went in about two -three weeks. Well no two tanks are the same o_O marked the algae with red LH side Staghorn RH side Hair algae But was a lot worse two weeks ago :eek: [​IMG]

14. keithgh

Roy

I have a little bit of algae on a few leaves in the 75cm planted tank and as an experiment I started adding the Seachem Excel 2ml every day as per usual but directly over the leaves and I am certainly winning.
    Its a natural food for the shrimps but not on the front Anubias nana leaves.

Just keep it under control if the rocks are squeaky clean the tank will look very sterile.

15. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith, Algae its a pain.Glad to hear you are winning your battle too :D Forgot to say in last post have started to use a broken light period Light on 4,1/2 hours off 3 back on for 4,1/2 that worked in my big tank for years never had a problem & plants grew like mad ;) So will stick with it on this one :) Have cleaned some of the stones but as you said looks so eye popping and sterile :eek: I stopped.Won't take them long to get patina back:rolleyes: Well lets hope all go's well mate :)

16. greenfinger 2

Hi All, BIG PROBLEMS :mad: Staghorn algae has all gone :) But Hair algae well that's a real problem :mad: Have been thinking of stripping the whole thing down and start again :cry: Or taking it back to a DSM for a month or so ???? but if i do the latter will it kill off the Algae or will the problem just come back :confused: HELP PLEASE as have plenty of hair in Scape but losing it on my head as keep pulling it out in Frustration :( MNR set up the same way no problems :cool: The only thing is the placement of the tanks The Cube gets some sunlight in the morning not direct MNR gets light in the evening again not direct So will be moving the Cube to a better place with no direct light Next to 1st Aquascape in the hallway Hope this will help to win the battle with algae too ?? All comments and advice Welcome :D One pic This is three days growth:mad: Am clearing every day but left it so could get pic 039.JPG

17. keithgh

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  18. greenfinger 2

Hi Keith,Nice link ;) I think its light :( Well we will see am going to move tank and Give it a good clean. Never had this problem before But all a learning curve:DHair algae is a right pain thought i was winning but looks like i lost round 1 (n) Will update when have moved tank and things settle down ;) Ding Ding round 2(y)

19. greenfinger 2

Hi All, MNR Doing well no problems with this one :) I have my first Anubias flower head:D Cannot wait till it flowers:whistle: One pic Will update again when it opens ;) 040.JPG

ptiJo and stevo like this.
  20. Mahantesh

Mahantesh New Member

Dear Roy,

If possible, please don't take down the tank because of algae problem. If you somehow find the root cause and fix the issue, it will be very good learning for you and everybody here.

Regards,
    Mahantesh

keithgh and greenfinger 2 like this.