1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Starting point first aquascape

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by greenfinger 2, Mar 9, 2013.

1. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

sorry wrong button silly me:oops:

Sponsored link:

2. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

Could be a little bit higher for my taste... but thats just my taste... anyhow, good job greenfinger 2 :)

3. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

Hey roy,

The soil layer in front is still to high. Slope half of it to the back and infront around the right DW piece. ;)
    And the path should be getting smaller at the Background and it s still to straight.

Cheers

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  4. greenfinger 2

hi there.all have made some little changes.like Flo said have made LH side a little higher at back +RH (y) side don,t lot in pic but looks better in real life and changed the gravel a little bit:) starting to come along now i think changes make tank look better what do you think :Dcheers roy 053.JPG

5. greenfinger 2

hi there Flo. thank you have pulled front sub back a bit looks better(y) will sort out path later thanks roy 056.JPG

6. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

Much better :)

7. greenfinger 2

thank you Flo (y) it,s starting to come along thank you for your time and info(y) cheers roy

8. greenfinger 2

hi Keith. have made som more little changes. like Flo said have made RH+LH sides higher (y)don, look a lot in pic but looks better in real life + changed gravel a little:) starting come along now what do you think:) cheers roy 053.JPG have pulled RH side substrate back to DW to lower front[ Flo idea] (y) i like this . but not in latest pic

9. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

Some Inspiration for you...
    2013-03-15 15.36.51.png

10. greenfinger 2

hi Flo . more to think about my head will go bang ;) cheers roy

11. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

12. greenfinger 2

hi Flo. the more i look at the tank :D(y)i love it i know you are right still needs 1 or 2 small bags of top sub to give more height at back LH side .I think RH side looking good. but thing,s will have too wait a few days lots to do at w-end :whistle: cheers roy

13. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Greenfinger

At least Flo and myself are on the same bus both working to one end its just a matter of completing confusing you first.

Its in the final stages of tweaking now, your Aquascape is starting to look like an excellent aquascape.

It will not be long now before you can sit back and enjoy your completed tank.

Keith:):)

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  14. greenfinger 2

hi Keith. has only got this far and looking this good with your and Flo idea,s 2-3-4 thinking heads better than 1 must say big THANK YOU (y)(y).as you said the final stages are hear time to start thinking about planting something i do know a little about. but may need a little help advice from new found friends.as for sitting back .have started thinking about my larger tank that,s next on list have some idea,s but that can wait for now :whistle:. thank you all will update soon roy

15. greenfinger 2

hi Keith. done a bit of tweaking RHside looked a bit bear so added so fallen branches what do you think good or to much ? o_Ocheers roy i think adds a bit more depth to RHside

Attached Files:

• 057.JPG
      057.JPG
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
  16. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

greenfinger
    [​IMG]

Here is one hard scape move and a filter move for you to consider
    By the magic of Photo shop I have made that big front piece of driftwood shorter and thinner.
    Now your magic can try this leave the RH end where it is in the substrate and lift the LH end up and over the longer bare piece of DW and see if it will rest naturally on the rock at the point of the arrow.

Filter your scape is starting to look very interesting BUT those filter tubs bug me.

My suggestion is to swap them over.
    Inlet RH corner and hide it with plant cover.

Outlet at the back but in such a position it goes behind the DW branch and by the time when all those plants develop you will not see the inlet or outlet at all.

Flo What are your thoughts on those tweaks.

Keith:):)

17. greenfinger 2

059.JPG hi there. Keith yes the pipes were bugging me to am thinking of making some out of clear tubing:D but thinking of scape first .am all so going to put more substrate at back RH side up to where bottom of inlet pipe is in old pic and sloping down to front and at back of DW sloping down too gravel path and more on LH side at back again sloping to front (Flo idea) (y) will do when RH side DW go,s in. think got your idea about moving DW have done tweaks ;) not sure? but all the changes you and Flo have made so far have been spot on (y) am liking the look of scape as it comes along .wife likes to so all ok :LOL: she is starting to understand the concept now :whistle: about time bless ;)cheers roy View attachment 4847 ps small pic at top of page. back lighting long way to go but i like the look:D i know to much thinking how about running inlet + outlet pipe in LH side. BUT run outlet/p under sub/st at back to RH side and pop up behind DW :ROFLMAO: less pipes too see+ still getting flow ? (y) thank you for all your feed back ;)cheers roy

18. greenfinger 2

058.JPG

Attached Files:

• 058.JPG
      058.JPG
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
  19. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

I m not sure about the fallen branch. Maybe let them come from behind the rock/big dw piece or move it in any other way.
    I would not go for a DW bow over the path... keep an open space there.

20. greenfinger 2

hi Flo. i am not sure about fallen branch:unsure: have tried lots of ways to make it look natural. like the idea of come from back of DW (y) as back end,s will be covered with sub/st will be more natural looking. one thing looks better in life than in pic,s;) as to branch over path yes looked wrong:giggle: wife did not like :( well what can one say ?great mind,s think alike. have replaced what do you think of new placement ? i don,t knowo_O but looks a lot better than before cheers roy o6o.JPG