1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Sand path/ substrate question

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by heyzeus, Aug 14, 2011.

1. heyzeus

heyzeus New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Been keeping planted tanks for about 1.5 years but not aquascapes as such.

Moving house soon and decided that when I set up the tank again, I will try my hand at aquascaping.

I have a layout in my head and it involves a sand path throught the middle (original i know lol).

The majority of the substrate in my tank will be fine inert gravel mixed in with laterite as this is the substrate i currently have, and with the expenses of moving I don't want to fork out for a new substate atm.

Question is, how do I keep the sand a gravel seperate? Was thinking of using slate chippings to for a boarder of sorts, but can't imagine it will look very good. What do you guys do stop the gravel and sand mixing?

Cheers

2. heyzeus

heyzeus New Member

sorry, didn't notice an almost identical thread below.

Mods please delete.

3. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

you can use rock to seperate the sand and gravel but you can't separate it 100%, after time some gravel sure mix with the sand.

4. Peanut8787

Peanut8787 New Member

I'm using some plastic/acrylic stuff to separate. You can cut them into the pieces you want to stuff it inside the path you intend to scape.