1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Return to Aquasacpes

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Greg J, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Greg J

Greg J New Member

Hey all,

I was a semi active member about 2 years ago while I lived in PA. Work took me away to Arkansas for a while and I wasn't really able to keep up with even basic fish keeping due to the crazy hours I worked. However fortune has shined on me recently and now with a move to Virginia i am able to start again. I have just gotten the basics of the 55G started up and plan to get back into scaping. Starting off I am gonna do my best to just work on learning to keep plants healthy again and forgo a big fancy scape. Look forward to talking to everyone again and the assistance that everyone gives. I'm glad to see that keith and sean are still very active :)

Greg

J Art and ShadowMac like this.
  2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Greg
    I have just come back myself after several weeks absent due to a bad fall and the medication a Hospital gave me which put me in Hospital for a while.

If you are just doing a learn plants tank all you require is a good substrate 8-10cm deep. Only buy low tech easy to grow plants.

Keith:cat::cat:

3. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back! We look forward to seeing what you put together .

4. Greg J

Greg J New Member

Thank you both for the warm welcome. Keith I'm sorry to hear that you had medical issues but glad that you are getting well.

I currently am going the direction you recommend. I have flourite base and am gonna just KIS. I have not yet identified plants yet as I'm still getting everything else up and running. Its been just over 2 months since I moved 800 miles so its been a slow process.

Greg

keithgh and J Art like this.
  5. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Greg

Have fun and try as many plants you can get easily who cares what it looks like, its your plant learning tank.

Keith:cat::cat: