1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Re introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by mr. luke, Nov 19, 2014.

1. mr. luke

mr. luke New Member

Hi guys,
    Just went to register an account on here and it turns out i already have one. I honestly dont remember it but my last post was 5 years ago!
    My interests are nano fish and shrimp of any kind.
    Currently have 2 tanks running.
    One is a lido 120 with
    35 exclamation point rasboras, 6 daisys ricefish
    Red, yellow, blue and orange neocaridinas (some drap little clear ones too which i assume to be palmata hybrids), neocaridina palmata, ammano shrimps, nerite snails, apple snails etc etc.
    This tank is low tech with no ferts added but im about to start dosing ferts again soon.

50l cube tank containing
    Crystal red's, a couple of tiwain bees (pandas), black neocaridina, caridina simoni simoni.
    Got some paracaridina sp. blue bee on order but they are 2 days late now so im not holding out much hope for them.

Both tanks could do with a bit of tlc. Both are algae free with healthy plants but lacking in the scape department.

Never had a proper go at an aquascape as such so should be interesting to get the cube sorted tommorrow :)

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Hello mr luke

Welcome back looks like you have a lot of catch up to do there are plenty of good Aquascaped Cubes on ASW.

Do the TLC first and post some photos please.

Keith:):)

3. Supercoley1

Supercoley1 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome (back to) ASW Luke :)

Are all those different colour Neos in the same tank? Those plain ones may well be offspring from them as they will interbreed. Tend to throw out all sorts of different colours and you lose the stability of colours after they've gone through a generation or so.

keithgh likes this.
  4. mr. luke

mr. luke New Member

Yeh all in the same tank.
    I dont mind them interbreeding to be honest. The tank is in the living room and the niece and nephew like colourfull shrimp so i aimed to please :)
    The blue colour seems to be lacking in any offspring but the reds and yellows seem to persist in most of the young :)

5. montes404

montes404 New Member

hello there ! nice to meet you : )