1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice
  1. elmagico82

elmagico82 New Member

The ADA is the ferrari of fertilizers, and that with these products, following the rules is not difficult to have wonderful results.
    There will be some spectacular aquarium plant, say from the competition, which uses less fertilizer protocols known?

2. defdac

defdac New Member

I would argue that ADA fertilizers kan be trickier to use since some of them contain ammonium (NH4+) which is bad considering it's easy to get algae with jumping NH4+ levels.

I would also make the claim that plain PMDD without ammonium but with a good micro component like Tropica Plant Nutrition is easier to get better results with than any other combination =)

3. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

I have a feeling that people who use ADA fertilizer lines benefit from the lower concentration of nutrients + also by using the ADA substrates (which offers a stable base of nutrients). Also, people who use ADA products are often experienced planted aquarium keepers.

So I think ADA products are good solid products but I don't think ADA Fertilizer Line = Healthy Planted Aquarium every time.

I haven't used Tropica Plant Nutrition in a long time, so I can't postulate on Defdac's claims but it again makes sense that Tropica Plant Nutrition is another line that offers low/moderate dosage of nutrients.

I think that's moderation in fertilizer nutrients is very important to having a successful tank. If you follow that logic, then I think you can have a good planted aquarium by using all sorts of fertilizers...and people have.

-John N.

4. elmagico82

elmagico82 New Member

I understand the concept.
    but, if I use a moderation in the fertilizer does not run the risk of a shortage in some plant? me
    in my aquarium use under the law of minimum.
    But sometimes that leads the major limitations example ... I can not put plants red.