1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Picked up a Scaping Bargain this weekend IMO

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Zeus, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Zeus

Zeus Active Aquascaper

Son found a tank for sale on Facebook but it was already sold, but they failed to pickup, so got it myself last night. One Dennerle Scaper's tank, two lights CO2 bottle regulator, solenoid, heater - basically the complete working tank with various plants and a some scrimp

upload_2017-7-10_19-16-48.png

Needs a little TLC, but if it can grow HC as it is doing I'm good to go :D £100 (y)

2. Culprit3

Culprit3 Aspiring Aquascaper

Wow that is a deal!! Co2, canister filter, heater, high tech lights, lots of plants which would be pretty expensive for that many, wow!

kabriolet likes this.
  3. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Zeus

What a great bargain do you have very far to transport it?

Keith:cat::cat:

4. Zeus

Zeus Active Aquascaper

No about 40 mins in car, picked it up straight away, just took a few buckets with lids and few soft cushions etc

5. keithgh

Zeus

WHAT no money?
    At a very good guess I would say its up and running already.

6. Zeus

Zeus Active Aquascaper

£100 the lot, only thing it lacks is a bubble counter for the CO2, but sons rescaping his tank ATM as hes moving Digs at Uni, so just used his for the time being.

drained it at his house, drove home 11pm sunday, filled it, got basic setup up last night CO2 on same photoperiod, filter cleaned, swapped 50% of ceramic media for the better stuff I had spare, impeller cleaned bit rusty but silent now. EI fert this morning, took sample of water in glass this morning to pH test tonight to compare what pH drop I have a few hours into CO2 period, so easy to check pH with a glass of water and just use pH probe on main tank.

Will rescape it to make it my own, but in no rush as it needs a good cleanup all over. But eveything was pearling last night even the HC so happy days. Shrimp are a bit of a mixed bag. Son put in his Amanos Cherry shrimp and Ottos last night too.

John Whatmough, kabriolet and keithgh like this.
  7. keithgh

Zeus
    Even when you buy the Bubble Counter its a bargain. One question what time did you finish and got some sleep.

8. Zeus

Zeus Active Aquascaper

Well it wasnt too late about midnight, as just filled tank with water from mixer I use for other tank added 1ml of prime and filter started first time, Then fitted lights then sorted CO2 out following night.
    Just too good a bargin to miss out on.

kabriolet and keithgh like this.
  9. keithgh

When I sold all my stuff I reduced the price so one buyer would take every thing and he did only left the tank which was not for sale. Only mentioned it on an Aquarium forum once.

He got a bargain I got my cash immediately.