1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice
  1. fishworld

fishworld New Member

I saw an aquascape of Pandora from Avatar and I absolutely fell in love with it. It has floating mountains. I love Avatar, and I love anything that is a little bit fantasy so I think it is perfect. I'm planning to do something similar but I was wondering how should I keep the mountains suspend or float in the middle of the tank and is it okay to make mountains out of foam?? Any ideas?

Thank You

2. Ed Villagracia

Ed Villagracia Active Aquascaper

hi fishworld,....:welcome:to ASW.

this is my opinion. others may have the best idea to share regarding floating island.

the aquascaper, i believe used styrofoam or volcanic rock tied with fish string suspended in the midback section of his tank using moss as plant.

others use suction cup to suspend the island in glass.

i can't tell you what he used to replicate the tree on top of the island
    because he used pictures as background.
    [​IMG]

here is the first ever Pandora layout created by one of my fav aquascaper...
    Gary Wu of Creative Aqua Union
    read his interview by mr.John N.

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/for...quascape-month-august-2010-beyond-nature.html

3. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

hi and welcome to ASW. these little trees can build with small branches, glue and tree creating pouder which is used in mini railroad building. i dont know the translation, but i hope you understand what i mean. In this scape all the trees etc. are a picture background, just some rocks covered with moss are real, as Ed allready said.

4. Amatuer

Amatuer New Member

That was a very cool aquascape :). The small "islands" just add the special fantasy theme to the tank.

5. fishworld

fishworld New Member

thank you guys! Im going to sell my 55 gallon and get something smaller and then I will start my pandora aquascape. that is a beautiful aquascape by Gary Wu mr_ed! thanks for sharing.

6. hamza

hamza Aspiring Aquascaper

I really like the grounded work, but the artificial BG & hanging rocks are though a good detail but lack the sense of perspective. I really think you can do much better without them.

7. fishworld

fishworld New Member

hmmmm...what do you suggest?