Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.
Join the ASW community now!
Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Zeus, Sep 18, 2016.
With that screen does it save its self or is up to date reading only.
The screen is a what I use via web admin and a web page. The unit does have a screen but I dont use it, as I find using the PC/Laptop/Mobile easier. The data the screen shows is what I have configured the PLC to show via the software programing. A data log can be uploaded via ethernet or via a mem card, I use ethernet but not often as pretty bug free. Plus can access the program live via the software to check the readings. Pretty straight forward once you get use to the interface.
So yes its the up to date readings on the screen, with the pre CO2 time having been recorded for use on the next day the it updates again as it changes daily. For example this mornings pH is 7.58 atm so it will take a little longer but with the very high CO2 injection rate I have it wont be much longer. BBS measurement isnt possible its so high I adjust the working pressure of the CO2 to increase/decrease the injection rate. With out a pH controller such control would be very hazardous for the tanks inmates, the PLC enables the signal from the pH controller to make multiple events happen pumps go on off and timings recorded and used the next day adjusting the CO2 on time.
Also have it now so when lights off air stone comes on until the CO2 comes on which auto adjusts its off time dependant on how long it took to get to target pH, esp now I have managed to silence the air pump in the cabinet to get rid of the hum it made. Simple really to do as i just suspended it and silence except for the gentle 'hush' of the bubbles OFC
Zeus DIY King.
I can honestly say "Today I have learnt" that would be the first time I have seen a suspended noisy pump.
Little Vid of my CO2 BPS
Had some pH controller issues at weekend, fish gasping :nailbiting: , thought a probe went down but after multiple calibration with Buffers probe still not right, put spare on and still no good so thought controler may be FCUKed. But buffer was old and had no spare buffer salts. So got a pH pen and buffer salts next day prime plus more buffer solution for later checking. Sorted it out when the buffer salts arrived had no distilled water but a good sample of RO water. Old probe calibrated good with repeated checks with buffers and all is good. Also managed to find the sweat spot of BPS where no extra CO2 boost needed throughout the photo period, Slow steady drop of 0.1 ph throughout the photoperiod yesterday, little drop at last hour OFC, so decreased the working CO2 PSI on regulator a touch.
Theodoxus Fluviatilis -Theos that I added are doing great, shells all intact and doubled in size easy
If you look close on them, you can see how the snails shell pattern has changed with more lager white spots/columns with the lower pH since being in tank, got some more that arrived yesterday so should have them in at weekend. Just poped 3 in to see how their shells go
I think you will find over the years you will always be adjusting ???? to improve your DIY set up.
The fight against the algae seemed to be failing esp on the high plants like the C Helferi. I checked the Ferts the other week and auto dosing volumes was correct but I didnt check the LCO2 volume Big mistake it was getting nothing as the pipe was squashed/nipped in the tight space at end of tank
pic is an old one but shows how tight I am for space, think its been getting no LCO2 for some time. Probably from when I took all the pipes off for cleaning:banghead: So Bad/Good news day. Plan to update the ferts/LCO2 piping for some more solid piping so it doesn't happen again
Your DIY brain must be in over drive. That is the problem with DIY when the inexperienced try it and make every mistake in the book and end up causing more problems trying to fix it.
At least you know what you are doing and can fix a concern very quickly.
Separate names with a comma.