Hi, I'm new to the site, and thought about starting it off with some forum chatter. My biggest mistake was using algae remover, purchased as a liquid chemical applied to water. I read where it said "safe to use with fish", assuming put drops in + fish in tank = no more algae. Boy was I wrong. The night before I put the dosage for my 26 gallon tank, I woke up to a crystal clear, and I mean clear, tank. The chemicals did a phenomenal job. Turns out it paralyzed all my fish into floating vegetables tossed in the tank current.