1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

New to AquaScaping

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Anupu, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Asthaparhim

Asthaparhim Aspiring Aquascaper

I don't know that filter but if I was you I wont buy that one because its a hangon filter, haven't got any experience with them but I think it will make noise from water that is dropping. I can't tell you anything about the eheim yet but I will flood my tank tomorrow (it's also in my bedroom) so I can give you more details about the noise.

2x14 watt is even less then 2x18 I would go for something more, what tank dimensions you've got (in cm)?

Sponsored link:

2. Anupu

Anupu New Member

24x12x16 in

60.96x30.48x40.64 cm

Damn our different metric systems :p. So hang on filters won't work? Hopefully someone can clarify that.

Good luck on your filter! I'd love to hear how it goes.

I thought the watt rule was outdated. The bulbs are T5's. Do you have anything you can recommend on lighting?

- Anupu

3. Asthaparhim

I'm not saying it won't work because I haven't got any experience with it, but I would not go for a hangon filter by myself.

About the light, when I did research, I concluded that it is possible to grow HC with low lighting but it goes slower and you'll also need good ferts/co2 otherwise the HC
    will only grow up and not form a carpet. The most tanks with low lighting and a nice carpet I've seen were smaller tanks then yours. I would go for 2x24 atleast if you
    ask me, but the amount of lighting also depends if you're going for DIY CO2 or pressurized CO2. Because too much light and not enough CO2 will cause the HC melt.

4. Anupu

Anupu New Member

Thanks for the input Asthaparhim, I hope I'm not being too much of a bother :D . I'll see if I can find a lighting fixture with atleast 2x24. As you can probably tell I am going to invest on a pressurized CO2. I did find this any input on it?

Again, I hope I'm not to much of a bother ._.

- Anupu

5. Asthaparhim

No you ain't I also asked alot a questions (I'm still). But keep in mind that I'm just sharing the knowledge I got from the internet/this forum.
    I haven't got any experience with 75L(20 gallon) tanks, so I would ask somone else his opinion too about the lighting of your tank.
    The light you've found doesn't look bad at all, but if you're going for pressurized CO2 you can also go for even higher lighting.