Sponsored link:

1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

New to Aquascape- 3 Gallon Crayfish

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Mael, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Mael

Mael New Member

Hi, my name is Mael. I've had aquariums for about 6 years now. I've had everything from 1 gallon to 55 gallons, fresh and salt water.

I breed crayfish and shrimp. I've bred many species but right now I'm focusing on Cambarellus patzcuarensis "orange" (CPO) which is a dwarf, orange crayfish.

Anyways, I have this three gallon "Deco-kit" that looks ok, but I want to make it look good. The light and filter on it are good for its current conditions, but I figure that I will need to change them to have proper conditions for plant growth.
    I also think I will need to get different substrates for the plants.

So to start off, I'd like to know specifically what equipment and accessories will I need.
    My list of things:
    -Light
    -Substrate
    -Filter?
    -CO2 kit
    -Driftwood/rocks

Please add to my list and make it more specific. For example, I know that I need a light, but what type/brand of fixture, bulb, etc.?

Step 2 will be figuring out what I want this tank to look like. I have been looking around the forum and other sites and am starting to get an idea of the layout I want.

Thanks for your help! I'm really excited to get this going!

Attached are pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: I've thought of using one of my ten gallons, or buying a 12 gallon aqua pod to do this. Tell me if this is a better idea.