1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

New Co2 system for tank

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by David B. Diehl, Aug 6, 2016.

1. David B. Diehl

David B. Diehl Aspiring Aquascaper

Looking for a CO2 good but inexpensive system for a 75gal or 300ltr tank any suggestions? Apparently that will help my algae problem. I think my light problem is fixed, using half or 162 watts for 75 gal tank.
    Also looking at Eheim canister filters can they be hooked up to 110 US volts, company info says 230 EU volts?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. CRS Fan

CRS Fan New Member

Eheim has canisters catered to the North American market (110V) and I highly recommend them.

Best regards,

Stuart

Best

Tankful in Vancouver!

3. J Art

J Art Aspiring Aquascaper

A "good CO2 system" and "inexpensive" don't usually go together unfortunately. It's usually hit or miss with cheaper systems and you run a higher likelihood of having issues. This is one area of the hobby that you definitely get what you pay for.

Also, CO2 isn't necessarily going to cure your algae problem. But it will be a step in the right direction for creating a better environment to grow plants.

What is your budget? A 75 gallon would work well with a 10lb cylinder, a quality regulator system, and an atomizer on each end of the aquarium.

ShadowMac and Supercoley1 like this.
  4. David B. Diehl

David B. Diehl Aspiring Aquascaper

Just asking because I've seen them using cheep 2 liter bottles and yeast, to risky. Regulator systems that monitor ph I've seen for around $150 or so, no problem getting a co2 tank any brand better

5. J Art

J Art Aspiring Aquascaper

My advice would be save up for the best CO2 system you can get. It isn't worth going cheap. Even if it means holding off a couple months. You'll be glad in the long run.

If you haven't checked them out yet, look up Green Leaf Aquariums. I have one of their systems and it's been great.

ShadowMac likes this.
  6. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

I would avoid a pH controller system. This can lead to other troubles. Get a good regulator as J mentioned and run that with your lights on a timer. Shoot for a bubble rate that will reach the CO2 level your tank needs and not go overboard through the course of the day. Using CO2 takes some practice and a little experience to get right. Adding CO2 at any amount will help your tank. It is the usual mantra, "Grow plants well, don't fight algae"

J Art and Supercoley1 like this.