1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Neon Tetra Behavior - Help Please

Discussion in 'Fish' started by MarineRecon, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MarineRecon

MarineRecon New Member

Hello, I have recently added 5 neon tetras to my 10 gallon tank. Sometimes they swim around like normal fish but other times I see them "scaling" the glass. They will basically put their heads to the glass and swim up and down. I don't know if this is because they see their reflections and want to swim though the glass lol. All of them physically are good. I see no signs of damage on any of them. It seems like when they are swimming normally they see their reflections and try to school with them.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

* Sorry for posting so many threads. I am getting many different problems at many different times.

2. abhradip1986

abhradip1986 Aspiring Aquascaper

that's perfectly normal actually, upto the tie they seem healthy I would say - let em' be up to their 'fishy business'! hehe. ;) :D

3. MarineRecon

MarineRecon New Member

Thanks! They now seem to be exploring the tank, but sometimes they still play up and down the wall. I realize they only do this where the HOB filter "waterfall" is, so I think the current pushes them up and down. It is kind've cool to watch.

It would actually be kind've fun! ;)

4. randy0319

randy0319 Aspiring Aquascaper

I have a powerhead shooting a side current in one of my 30 gal. and my neons will school, head into the current and 'exercise' occasionally changing positions and elevations. Maybe your fish are just getting their vertical laps in. My Rasporas do the same thing. I hope that helps.