1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Needing Advise on Rescaping 190 Liter Corner Tank

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by Matty2010, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Matty2010

Matty2010 New Member

Hi people :)

Im Matty and im 16, i've had this tank for about 6 months now but i kinda rushed into it. I dont feel i really thought about the aquascape very much and now i feel like i need to rescape so i can be happy with it :D

IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0842.JPG

What i was really wanting was a heavily planted tank, i have a pressurized Co2 system which i turn on an hour before the lights come on and turn off an hour before aswell.

I was thinking about attaching some sort of moss onto some drift wood to resemble a tree like in the image below, i have also tried to grow Dwarf baby tears however they are eaten within a couple of days :'( I tried 5 times now...

[​IMG]

I think that the back of my tank is quite boring and flat, but i've been struggling to think what to put there.. I had thought some tree roots but i dont really know so thats why i came here :)

I would love an input onto what i could do!!

Thankyou :)

Attached Files:

2. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Hello Matty

Welcome to ASW can you fill in your location and Country please.

My first suggestion (non aquascaping) is to run this program re your inhabitants and post the results thank you.
    http://www.aqadvisor.com/

I think you will find the large Goldfish is snacking on your plants I am surprised you have such healthy plants.
    I am surprised the GF has not snacked on the small Tetras as well.

Re the Aquascape I strongly suggest you do a lot of research on ASW and find several Aquascapes that you think would look good in your tank.

Keith:):)

Because of its shape it will not be an easy straight forward Aquascape.

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  3. Matty2010

Matty2010 New Member

Thanks for such a quick response!

I used that site and here are the results below: (Shubunkin wasn't on)

• Note: Common Pleco needs driftwood.
    • Warning: Common Pleco is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 18 inches.
    • Warning: At least 4 x Bronze Cory are recommended in a group.
    • Warning: Your selected species may eventually require 238% of your aquarium space. You may need to deal with territorial aggressions later on. Try removing some of (Corydoras aeneus, Pterygoplichthys pardalis) or get a larger tank.

Recommended temperature range: 24 - 24 C.
    Recommended pH range: 6.5 - 7.5.
    Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

Warning: You should add more aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is86%.
    Recommended water change schedule: 65% per week. (You might want to split this water change schedule to two separate 40% per week)
    Your aquarium stocking level is 137%.
    Your tank is overstocked. Unless you are an experienced aquarist who can meet the maintenance/biological needs of this aquarium, lower stocking levels are recommended.

Does this really mean that my tank is overstocked? It doesn't look to be very crouded, all the parameters are fine and the fish are healthy?

I looked at some aquascapes i like and the theme seems to be rocks, like the ones ive already got in (Mantem rock i think) and very short carpeting plants :)

4. Matty2010

Matty2010 New Member

All images are on this post as it wouldnt let me post linked images so i had to save them and upload :)

800px-Peter_Kirwan_Mountainscape1.jpg AquStockImage.png baltic-aquascape4.jpg DSC03168k.jpg e3kc.png passage.jpg shade-of-grove.jpg post-1974-0-03107400-1352189064.jpg

5. keithgh

Matty

Thank you for doing all that now long before you start you can see several concerns, its definitely over stocked regardless of how it looks,
    The next step is up to you, unless you are experienced you will start to run into problems and tank deaths very soon.

All those aquascapes are rectangular not corner tanks plus are at the top end and certainly not beginners yet there is nothing wrong in aiming for that high degree of level.

There is one rule for beginners and that is "Start slowly and learn as you progress", finally work to the KIS rule and you will enjoy Aquascaping and fish keeping a lot more.

6. Matty2010

Matty2010 New Member

Okay thanks :)

I really don't know what to do :( Should i try and give away some of my fish?

And what is the KIS rule? :)

Thanks

keithgh likes this.
  7. keithgh

Matty
    Re the stocking of your tank work out what you what you want to do run it through that program until you get what you would like to have first, then see if you can return them to the LFS for credit or sell them privately.

KIS is Keep It Simple.

http://animals.pawnation.com/life-span-shubunkin-goldfish-4851.html
    [​IMG]

This is what it can grow to.

8. Matty2010

Matty2010 New Member

Okay thanks for the advice :)

I've had my shubunkin for around 7 years now but he hasn't really grown anymore.... Is it true that they grow in relation to the size of their environment?

9. keithgh

Matty

They will continue to grow but will be restricted by the size of the tank in other words your GF would be far happier in a very large tank where he can grow and develop to his potential.

If you want to keep him now is the time place him either in a large pond (not in the wild) or a very large tank.