1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Need some solid advice

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by chimera_786, Oct 28, 2008.

1. chimera_786

chimera_786 New Member

Hi there!

Im trying to change my aquascape of the aquarium and was thinkin about having a little "road" of sand between two heaps of gravel (one on either side). My only question is: How can i put the sand in my tank, when it has water in it? I already have an established tank with residents; if i try to pour sand like ive pictured, it just disperse everywhere in the water and its gonna settle everywhere.Im new at the whole scaping project and want to get right on it. How do i tackle this problem easily? All ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!!

2. Al G. Begone

Al G. Begone New Member

If your sand is heavy you can scoop it with a container and hold a lid over it.
    Then carefully lower it to the spot and remove the lid and let it carefully and slowly fall into place. Make sure your filter is off, and it may be easier mid-water change so you have less water depth to work through. Do you have plans for some type of barrier? Do you have fish that mess around with your substrate?

3. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

suck the current substrate with hose, create the path for your "road". From here do as "AI G. Begone" suggested.

4. ultimbow

ultimbow New Member

I use a ziplock plastic bag. Put the send with water in the bag (more water then send). Lower the bag in tank slowly open it then pore it gently on the bottom. Not perfect but work pretty good. When i did it i empty half of tank. Make the work easyer.