1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Need some guidance on aquascaping !! =D

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by AquaticFun, Dec 21, 2010.

1. AquaticFun

AquaticFun New Member

This is my 1st tank so its my 1st time learning to aquascape , and ive seen alot of pictures done a little bit of research and i find that aquascaping gives the aquarium a more natural look whereas now my tank looks like a kiddy tank with just deco and no plants .

The dimension of my tank is 40cmx25cmx26cm ( 26L ) .

Currently having a HOB filter and a HOB lamp ( 6700k fluorescent lamp 14 watt )

Having mini pebbles as gravel right now and will soon change to soil gravel ( the ones that looked like gravel but will break into soil once squeezed )

Housing 2 platys right now .

I want my tank to have a dark look so that from afar the fish will shine brighter . And i will appreciate if you guys could gimme some tips and give me some examples of a layout . Im planning to use maybe java moss , anubias , java fern , dwarf hairgrass , hornwort , cacomba .

The only problem i have is my light , i dont think i have enough wattage for some plants so I need to knw whether i have enough or not and I could get fluorish excel if its really needed .

I just want a peaceful looking tank maybe plants at the side and some space in the middle but i dont want the sides to be very crowded i want some space for my fish to swim around and explore + release stress .

2. AquaticFun

AquaticFun New Member

So far i thought of an idea

like this for the middle i'll put 2 rocks like an upside down V so it looks like a tall cave and put some dwarf hairgrass / java moss around it . and maybe have a side fill with jungle vals and anubias and the other side with some hornwort .

You guys could help me to fill in some ideas too thanks ~~