1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Need back lighting help

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Section' started by Lynettieo, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Lynettieo

Lynettieo New Member

I'm starting up a 40 gal breeder tank with fluval 206 filter, Hydrol inline heater, fluval CO2, and fluval aqua sky led lights. I put the etched glass film on the back and need help with getting that beautiful background lighting that radiates colored light from the bottom/middle area. The tank is in front of a north facing window that has trees in front of it.

Attached Files:

2. planted101

planted101 New Member

I use a Philips hue Bloom light but I have a wall behind my aquarium. [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

3. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

many folks use strip lighting. Small LED strip lights work well and are inexpensive. Many can have the color changed.

and some two cents you didn't really ask for :whistle:...I'm not sure the fluval CO2 system can really keep up with a 40 gallon tank. In all honesty..I hate those things. They just don't do as well as a genuine pressurized system.

The tank looks nice! It'd be great if you would start a journal so members can watch your progress and learn from your experience with this tank. (y)

4. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Lynettieo

I notice your tank is in front of a large window and this alone could cause you problems with algae let alone by adding extra back lighting.

I agree with Shawn starting a journal would be interesting to follow.

Keith:cat::cat: