1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Nano-Fauna

Discussion in 'Fish' started by plantrob, Mar 11, 2011.

1. plantrob

plantrob New Member

I'm in the process of setting up a 25l planted tank (11w CFL, external dennerle nano skim filter, pressurised CO2, Hemianthus, Pogostemon, Staurogyne repens, crypt. beckettii, limnophila sessiliflora) which is nearly cycled

I've found conflicting opinion on whether this is too small for anything other than shrimp (or a betta...which I think would look very out-of-scale)

I've had suggestions of celestial pearl danios, sparkling gouramis, gertrude's rainbowfish, javanese ricefish, celestial rainbowfish any of which are appealing (esp gertrude's) as well as the obvious crystal or cherry red shrimp.

I will definitely go for shrimp and maybe an oto both for algae and cos they look great, but I'm unsure whether or not to add any fish

I'm keen to get any opinion, especially from anyone with a similar sized setup

Thanks

Rob

2. lalmeida

lalmeida New Member

Hi,

Have you considered these fishes (Iriatherina werneri)

[​IMG]

lalmeida

3. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

there are different species of micro rasboras, have you seen them?

4. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't consider them for anything less than a two foot tank, they're a very active fish.

Nanofish List (v1.0) is a good link but there are some recommendations I really couldn't comfortably recommend myself.