So I've narrowed this strain of algae down, but haven't been able to positively identify it. Figuring out what it is not was the easiest part, it's no red algae, BBA, green dust or a few others. It will grow anywhere, the glass, leafs, rocks, substrate, and probably fish if I let it get that bad. It could be hair algae, thread algae, staghorn even, who knows! This picture was from when my tank was pretty bad, and it actually got a lot worse. The breakout happened when I went from .7 WPG to about 1.6 WPG. The lights were on for about ten hours a day. These pictures were from about six months ago and the tank has changed about 180* since then. One of the only things that has stayed the same is the fact there small amounts of this algae remain. Since then....I keep the lights on the three hours a day, bought A LOT more plants (about double), doubled the CO2, and tripled the amount of ferts (Flourish only until my bottle runs out and then I have a more custom concoction of ferts are going in). It has helped a lot. Now there is only some residual algae on some of the substrate and CO2 tubing. It doesn't get long anymore (1cm max). So the problem seems to be fixing itself as I've taken those precautions. But I would like to rid my tank of this problem once and for all. I've thought about getting this: Arizona Aquatic Gardens - The Algae Squad10 My tank is 29G, but I already have a snail, a Golden Algae Eater, and an Oto in there. I actually like having my tank filled exclusively with algae eaters (less maintenance for me). So...what is this algae? And what can I do to finally eradicate the problem once and for all? I'd like to be able to have my light back on longer than three hours a day. Thanks.