1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

My New Venture into Iwagumi!

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by teij_tseng, Apr 13, 2010.

1. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

Thanks. I'm hoping it'll fill in on the left side soon though. It's looking a little bare there :errr:

Sponsored link:

2. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

Well, just a quick update. I've ordered some blyxa japonica and crystal red shrimp. They should be coming in sometime next week. I'll probably be putting the blyxa japonica around the rocks and will be updating with pictures once I do that!

3. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

Received my b. japonica today and went out and bought some Eleocharis montevidensis as well. I've split the e. montevidensis up into two groups and plants them on each of of my tank in the back and placed the b. japonica in around the rocks. The pictures aren't the best because they were taken with a camera phone but enjoy them!

[​IMG]
    FTS

[​IMG]
    Right side

[​IMG]
    Left side

4. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

is it camera or the water is cloudy?

5. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

The camera's not the best and the picture was taken a right after I got done planting so it was stir up a little. It's a little of both I guess.

6. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

MY SHRIMPS CAME IN TODAY! After wanting some crystal red shrimps for nearly two months now, I finally went ahead and bought some. They're really curious about their new tank and they've just been swimming all over the place so it was really hard trying to get some good shots of them. Well, enjoy the pictures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

nice shrimps :proud:

8. blue whale

blue whale Aspiring Aquascaper

the tank is shaping up well..:proud:

9. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

Thanks! Besides for the fact that somewhere along the way I got what I'm hoping is planeria, I'm loving the tank! Does anyone know how to get rid of planeria? I've tried fenbendazole but that hasn't worked for me so far so I'm really beginning to wonder if it is planeria. It's a small, white, wriggly little worm, kinda like planeria but the medication hasn't had any effect on it so I'm wondering if it is planeria.

10. Jurijs mit JS

Jurijs mit JS Admin Staff Member

I´m really scared to ask for a photo :D Haha, I´m sure you understand me ;)
    I have heard Flubenol is good against planaria, but before you have to be sure it planaria..

11. teij_tseng

teij_tseng New Member

Haha my phone probably isn't capable of such details in photography otherwise I'd post a picture. As far as flubenol goes, I wasn't able to get a hold of it around these areas and from what I've read about planeria treatment, fenbendazole should've worked as an alternative. Oh well, as long as it's not harming anything in the tank, I guess I can deal with it.

12. Shadow

Shadow Moderator Staff Member

I use fenbendazol before in my cherry shrimps tank. It work great and most important no casualty. I do not know about CRS though, never try it before.

13. bbehring

bbehring New Member

Might consider painting the white pvc piping with krylon fusion spray paint black or another color other than white to blend? Tank is coming along great! Looks beautiful!