1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

My new 125 gal project

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by tinkerman, Mar 1, 2008.

1. BPASCreighton

BPASCreighton New Member

Stargrass gets kinda crazy in hight light for sure!

Sponsored link:

2. tinkerman

tinkerman New Member

Well yesterday and today did some more work on the tank. It became overgrown since I had to deal with ick and some hydra which are now gone. I wanted to just push some plants around and trim some, but the ones that needed to be trimmed where all tanged up and was easier to pull and trimm than untangle. So it got rescaped again, not as bad as the las rescape. I will post some pics in about a week when the plants look alittle better.

3. tinkerman

tinkerman New Member

Here is a updated pic of the tank as of tonight. The rotalla wallichii needs a good trim. The hygro polysprema is getting removed as I found out it is illegal to have in my state, so suggestions of a replacement are welcome. The tank is doing pretty well with the exception of a little alge. Starting to add some fish ofter ick outbreak I now have 6 black neon tetra's, 2 bushy nose pleco's, 1 oto, and 1 cae, also might be 1 amanno shrimp yet but it has been a while since I seen it. Please feel free to criteque as it seems to help the artistic part of this hobby for me.

Attached Files:

• 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  4. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

You my friend have a world class aquascape developing there. I love the growth, and fullness of the scape. Well trimmed and great plant groupings.

It's too bad your tanking the Hygro polysprema out. I felt the leaves contrasted very nicely with the other plants in the tank. As potential replacements, maybe a Ludwigia arcuata or brevipes would do the trick. I can also see a nice mound of Hemianthus micranthemoides in that corner too.

The rotala on the left side could be trimmed a bit more to match the manicured look of the plant hedge that's behind it. Lastly more of a photography suggestion, I wish the picture was a bit clearier and less cloudiness in the water. Some close up shots of the plants would be nice too.

Overall, it look really nice and has lots and lots of potential. I can't wait to see this develop more!

-John N.

5. tinkerman

tinkerman New Member

Well its been a while but here are some updated pics. Still having alittle trouble with string algea. I have some more wood soaking and the rock is temp on the wood.

Attached Files:

6. JDowns

JDowns New Member

Tank is looking great.

Can't wait to see the next installment with more wood.

7. tinkerman

tinkerman New Member

Tank with wood addition. Any comments welcome.

Attached Files:

8. Orlando

Orlando Supporting Member

Outstanding. I cant believe the growth you get with plain ole sand!
    I love it! :)

9. tinkerman

tinkerman New Member

JDowns and Orlando thank you for your comments. No one else, would love to hear other peoples comments as if it were their tank things you would do differently.As I feel it will help me with plant placement and hard scape arrangement.