1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Mojoscape Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Mojojojo, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mojojojo

Mojojojo Aspiring Aquascaper

Here we go...was a mission...they didnt have what I wanted and what they had wasn't great. I did the best I could though :) We'll see how it pans out..needs a bit more between the DW and forground..maybe..waiting for Micranthemoides in 2 weeks...and a bit of a work over with the net and a glass clean by the looks of it :whistle:

Attached Files:

keithgh, greenfinger 2 and nick.scott like this.

Sponsored link:

2. Mojojojo

Dosing with ADA ferts, lights on for 8 hours with the co2 running at the same time for 8 hours. CO2 is running at about 1-2 bubbles a second.

3. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Mojojojo

Its going to be a very colourful aquascape.

Re the DW are you going to add any plants on or under those pieces of wood as at the moment it lacks height.

It might help if you can run a net over the top of the water to clean up the bits and pieces floating around.

Keith:):)

4. Mojojojo

Yes, the plan is to add some more under the DW in a week or 2.

5. Mojojojo

First obstacle in desert conditions aquascaping...keeping the water below 30c! :cautious:

6. Mojojojo

I have a Juwel Bioflow 3 filter which cycles about 600L/hour (Apparently), so about 4x times the tank volume an hour. Do you guys think this is enough to get the co2 moved around? I have a Koralia pump as well which gets about 2000-3000L/Hour but right now its pulling up my stems plants so I can't use it until everything has taken root.

7. Mojojojo

Hi, I put a Dymax CO2 checker in the tank and the liquid is staying orange. Apparently this means my CO2 is through the roof but I read that it might have something to do with using ADA soil lowering the kh or somesuch. Anyone had any experience with this?

8. Mojojojo

One week later...:

Attached Files:

greenfinger 2 likes this.
  9. Mojojojo

One more water change and a bit of a trim and the cleaning crew go in. Siamese algae eaters, whiptail catfish, amano and cherry shrimp.

10. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Mojojojo, Great News:cool: As soon as they settle in post some pics please (y)

11. Mojojojo

Will do mate. Getting some nice growth now and my HG seems to be spreading. Think I "might" lose the Glosso. Most of it is melting. Might give it another week or so to see if it settles down. Pics at the end of this week for "Week 2" :)

12. Mojojojo

Increased my CO2 today and the glosso seems to be sending out new shoots within hours. HG is sending out roots as well.

13. Mojojojo

Almost 3 weeks and no pearling...dosing with ADA Brighty K and Step 1 daily..co2 on about 2bps and lights+co2 on for 8 hours. Plants are growing like champions and the HG is starting to carpet, even the glosso seems to be doing something. No pearling though.

14. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, Fab :) All Going well Plants are just setting down root system:whistle: Then they will pearl :) Some update pics soon please ;)

15. Mojojojo

My first tank pearled within a week. Not sure whats going onwith this one. Doing a water test tomorrow so I'll see whats cracking. Week 2 pics tomorrow :)

16. Mojojojo

End of Week 2..Glosso isn't doing so well..co2 is through the roof according to the checker even though it's on 2bps...other than that it's all good. Added some SAE's, Yamato and cherry shrimps.

Attached Files:

17. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo , Wow:) Plants looking lush :rolleyes: I think the stem plants on the RH & LH side in the front need a trim .They will bush up and look wicked :love: As to glosso See how it go's :whistle: Well you can always change it ;) One more thing love the little slate ?? or thin stones at the back of the DW leading you eye through to the back of your Aquascape :love:

18. Mojojojo

Howdy! Yeah, they are coming along nicely now. I did a bit of a trim and replanted the cut offs to fill in the blank spots. The rocks look okay but they were unintentional :D I use them to keep the DW down. Glosso is going to be left alone for another week or so and if it doesn't shape up I'm going to let the HG take over and carpet the front section.

19. Mojojojo

So the glosso has more or less all melted away. The bits that are left are growing up. I suspect its a lack of lighting. Also the red plants (Their name escapes me) have melted on both sides which is weird because they grew nicely in my first scape. I'm only dosing with ADA K Brighty and Stage 1 so it could be a ferts problem. CO2 checker is still going haywire as well..1-2bps and it's freaking out bout too much co2 in the tank.

20. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, Sorry to hear that some of your plants are not doing well :( Glosso could just be going through melt they will re grow :) As to red plants ?? Could be the lighting ? But every tank is different. As to high Co2 you only have plants at this point so should not be a problem :) Others will know more. Hope all go's well. Looking forward to your next update (y)