1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Mojoscape Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by Mojojojo, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mojojojo

Mojojojo Aspiring Aquascaper

So far I know they are getting in:
    Micranthemoides
    Hygrophila Rosanervig
    Echinodorous Tenellus
    Fontinalis Antipyretica

I've asked for a few pots of each so we'll see what happens.

Tank cleanout, hardscape tomorrow..I'll post pics so y'all can see how a newb does it :)

Sponsored link:

2. greenfinger 2

greenfinger 2 Active Aquascaper

Hi Mojojojo, It will Lower light slower growth:whistle: Others will know more as I am on a steep learning curve too :rolleyes: Nice to talk to like minded people from around the world (y)

3. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Mojojojo

That tank was very carefully planed to the very last detail yet they make it look so simple.

Lighting is still very technical I leave it to the expert lighting people they are the ones to talk to.

Beware of buying of the WWW get all the facts first.

Keith:):)

Mojojojo likes this.
  4. Mojojojo

Tank cleaned out - Check
    Cabinet up - Check
    CO2 system built - Check
    Filter set up - Check
    Lights tested - Check
    Reflectors added - Check
    Substrate ready - Check
    Ferts bought - Check
    Hardscape - Check
    All I need now is the plants...roll on the weekend!

5. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, I Cannot wait :D All Checked and ready to go :cool: (y)

Mojojojo likes this.
  6. Mojojojo

I'll be messing around with the driftwood layout on Friday and uploading pics so folks can advise. Got lots of help with the last one and it turned out great. Never worked with driftwood before so it should be a learning curve of note.

keithgh and greenfinger 2 like this.
  7. Mojojojo

Any ideas on how to get driftwood to stop..uhm..drifitng? I'm using the hot water in a bucket method right now.

8. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, Well some of my ones. Bit larger took about three months :( But all depending on how you are setting thing up You could glue to a piece of slate and place under substrate to hide slate. Or put a large stone on top of DW Piece to hold down ??One thing soaking DW before putting in scape Is a good idea. As will leach tannins not bad for water depends on what you want but can leach for ages:eek:

Mojojojo likes this.
  9. Mojojojo

I bought a few bits of rock that I can tie them to just in case the soaking doesn't work and hopefully the tannins don't make it look too bad. My filter is pretty good and stocked with bits to keep the water clear so here's hoping :D

10. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, Nice one:) I Like your thinking Ask Q:cool: That's How I am learning Fantastic Site And forum with top info Learning from the Best people (y) Learnt more in six months on this forum Than ever So So Cool;)

Mojojojo likes this.
  11. Mojojojo

Agreed. My entire first scape was built with advice and actual physical help of guys on here. Edis,Juri,Luis etc..all good people. Gurus, the lot of them :notworthy:

12. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo , :) Well the best way to learn From people that have been there and done it :love: So with there advice we make less mistakes Along Our way :cool:

13. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

Mojojojo

Dont worry about hot water just use a big bin plenty of water and a few rocks to hold it down.

Warning some pieces will never sink and stay down, this could be because of the timber species or its too light.

One little trick use Stainless steel (High grade only) and screw a piece of slate to the DW then bury the slate.

The other way is to have a pile of rocks for it to sit in.

I have one vertical piece holding in position only because of the slate.

Re the bumpy Learning Curve I started over 45 years ago and I think I have made many mistakes.

I have had a few years on Forums including be an advisor for many years and enjoy helping people.

When I first started computers "What are they" you had to learn the hard way as is was the only way then.

Many LFS like today only interested in your $$$$ not your fish or helping you.

Keith:):)

Mojojojo likes this.
  14. Mojojojo

Arrrgghh!! Shipment delay. Plants will only be in tomorrow. Gives me more time to look at lighting/CO2 I guess.

15. Mojojojo

Any advice on how long/fast to run the co2/lights for? I went for 8hours of each last time around but algae became a bit of a problem and the carpeting didnt happen as well as expected.

16. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, Ho Well these things happen :( One good thing you can see before you buy (y) As to lights Sorry What are you using ?? Co2 Well others will know more as i am only using DIY Yeast At this point ;)

17. Mojojojo

Hi, I'll be using 2 x 45W T5 lights with reflectors so I should get maybe 130w-150w or so and a a standard canister co2 setup. DIY is hardcore! Hows that working out for you?

18. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo , Lights are ok 8 hours Sounds fine ;)One of the plants you listed Echinodrous tentll--- don't think that one will do well as needs high light to do it best others ok As to DIY Co2 Thats how i started takes time to do But works well :) But will be changing to Pressurize system soon as wont have the time to run DIY C02 on two Aquascapes One 150 Lt other 100 Lt and the cost of DIY running on two :eek:

Mojojojo likes this.
  19. Mojojojo

Hardscape is done..not entirely happy with it but the more I look at it the more I sort of like it. Went for a centerpiece with an arch/pathway. It all depends on which plants I can get today. If I can get what I want then it should turn out alright, if not, the I need to rethink the DW layout. Will post some pics later :)

20. greenfinger 2

Hi Mojojojo, Centrepiece sounds good l like them:rolleyes: When i rescape my larger tank that's the style i am going to do. Hope you get the plants you want. Looking forward to seeing pics:)