1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Looking For Advice On My 55

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by JEden8, Sep 4, 2011.

1. JEden8

JEden8 New Member

I feel the same way about giving advice but I appreciate all the help from everyone! I try to help others and give some advice but I don't want to say the wrong things. I'm always looking for advice as I'm still new to this. Been doing this for almost 2 years now and love it. I can't wait to get my bigger tank. I'm looking for at least a 120 gallon up to a 220 gallon so I can't wait for it. My wife and I are moving next month so I think I can convince her to let me get it once we move. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the comments and I will definitely look at more pictures. My wife gets sick of me constantly looking at all the pictures online of others tanks. Once I get my bigger tank, this will be her tank.

Thanks again! I will keep everyone posted on how it looks!

Sponsored link:

2. Flo

Flo Aspiring Aquascaper

:)) believe me JEden. you are not alone!

3. JEden8

JEden8 New Member

Well ran into a little problem. My Clown Loaches are covered in Ich. Just saw it today. Started treating the tank with Rid Ich Plus. The second biggest one doesn't look too good unfortunately. We shall see if they all pull through. The downfall with this is I have to increase the oxygen which I'm afraid is going to hurt all of my plants. The last time I had to do this all of my plants suffered dramatically. We shall see what it does this time.

4. Rahul

Rahul Aspiring Aquascaper

They will do just fine. Few tips from my side:
    1) Treat them in a separate hospital tank or large container.
    2) IMO i do not prefer to use medicines with scale less fishes like these.
    3) Raise the temperature to 28 deg C and do daily at least 50% Water Change.

My loaches were back to normal with the above measures in a weeks time.

5. JEden8

JEden8 New Member

So all you did was turn the heat up and daily 50% and they were fine?

This is my 2nd time with them getting ick. I did a lot of research on it the last time they got it and everyone recommended Rid Ich Plus but doing half doses followed by daily 25% water changes and re-medicating. I didn't have any problems with the fish last time but like I said, this is only my second time with them getting ich.

What are some ways to ensure that they don't get ich again? What are some precautionary measures?

I'm also thinking about picking up a UV Sterilizer and only run it at night. Good idea or no?

6. JEden8

JEden8 New Member