1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

layout help

Discussion in 'Aquascaping Journals' started by wt_midget, Jul 31, 2008.

1. wt_midget

wt_midget New Member

hi. this is my 75g asian community tank.
    lighting:202w pc and standard fluorescent
    filter: emperor 400 w/ seachem renew and peat
    substrate: small gravel and flourite
    co2: diy yeast
    plants: crypts (wendtii, spiralis, retrospiralis, balansae), rotala indica, bacopa monnieri and caroliniana, anubias petite nana
    fish: (too many) aurulius barbs, roseline sharks, harlequin rasbora, siamensis, gouramis (moonlight, pearl and kissing)
    i would like some input and advice on my layout. the left side looks bare right now because i just separated the wendtii's and replanted the shoots. they were all growing like mad before i did that so they should fill that side in completely. i'm not really going for a fancy aquascape, just something that looks nice. here are some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Anti-Pjerrot

Anti-Pjerrot New Member

Sorry - the first picture dont show. (Fullshot?)

3. wt_midget

wt_midget New Member

4. John N.

John N. Administrator Staff Member

You're going in the right direction with your layout. I know things might have changed since you've first posted but the stem plant in the far right needs to be moved back into the midground/background area as it will quickly cover up that space and make that area feel tight.

Next, your plants look like they need a little more time to adjust to your tanks as they don't look as good as they can be. The crypts look like they could use some time to adjust. A black background would help bring out their colors since they sort of get washed out by the substrate color in my opinion. All in all, not bad. :)

How have the plants grown in? Any new updates?

-John N.