1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Just in from the UK new to me, Anubia Petite Nana var. Stardust!

Discussion in 'General Aquascaping and Planted Tank Discussions' started by WabiKasuH20Fall, Jul 30, 2012.

1. WabiKasuH20Fall

WabiKasuH20Fall Aspiring Aquascaper

Hey guys I wanted to share this nice Petite Anubia my hobby mate across the pond in London just shipped me. Two really nice specimens of Anubia Nana Petite var. Stardust :!: This is a gorgeous plant, very similar to the Regular Petite Nana however it has this "stardusting" like white spray like variegation coming out from the center of the leaf along the veins. Its very compact and very nice. He only sent me two small rhizomes in a film canister so I placed them on the cascade emmersed as that is truly how these grow the best and fastest...

Once I get some going good I plan to start selling these lil gems.... :mrgreen: Its slow grower but come say October/Dec should have a enough to start distributing... here in the lower 48, a few at a time...

Here are a few shots, sorry they are iPhone shots, I'll try to get some better detail photos as soon as I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW Aspiring Aquascaper

wow they look great. wish it was easier to find plants in the wild around here -_-

3. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

Nice! I have seen those around, but they were not cheap. It looks like a variegated plant (aka viral infection causing discoloration...not contagious)

4. Garuf

Garuf Moderator Staff Member

Ooo, where did you get it from? I do like nana petite it always seemed impossibly slow till you rescape and seem to have tonnes of the stuff.