1. Welcome to AquaScaping World!

Become a register member to get FULL SITE ACCESS AND BENEFITS.

Join the ASW community now!

Dismiss Notice

Just a newbie thought for max mix

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Section' started by yudagas, Apr 27, 2016.

1. yudagas

yudagas Aspiring Aquascaper

So this is the raw picture during my class break time
    [​IMG]
    The idea is using max mix CO2 reactor base work. So the first is water enter the pvc hit the wall and start forced to spin and make a vortex. Next step is injecting CO2 using intense bazooka difuser and will be mixed with water due to vortex process and have bigger chance to stay mixed in water longer than the normal max mix reactor which using propeller to break up the bubble.

Thats my idea on working this...if you found a flaw please feel free to comment here i take judgement and ofc you all free to use or apply this idea

-Yuda-

Sent from my EG98 using Tapatalk

ShadowMac likes this.
  2. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Moderator Staff Member

You should switch the in and out locations. You want good counter current to shear and dissolve the bubbles. If your output is at the top you will simply pull out the bubbles before they dissolve. You want the inflow pushing the bubbles down constantly.

Small micro bubbles from an atomizer will dissolve better, but likely get taken out by the water flow. No need for an atomizer on the inside, but I see what you are trying to do. The other problem is taking out the diffuser to clean it.

There are a lot of really cool commercial designs you can try and replicate. Here are a few:

Carbon Doser by Aquariumplants.com

This is what I use and it works great. You can DIY a cerges reactor using filter housing. I'm doing that for my 55 gallon tank and will update the thread with it running soon. The pump on the inside would be the hardest thing to do. You need a compression fitting at the top to run a cord through, then you need to rewire the cut cord and tape up.

ELOS RE50 really cool glass internal counter current reactor. Also really expensive. You can DIY a version of it using clear plastic tubing and a small pump to create the counter current and venturi.

The premise of most effective reactors is using counter current to push the bubbles down and draw the output from the bottom of the reactor where water with dissolved CO2 will be. You can use media to prevent bubbles from entering the intake. The mix max reactor, basic Rex Griggs build, and Aquamedic reactor all use this principle.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  3. ShadowMac

These are like the glass ELOS reactor but cheap DIY versions of Tom Barr's design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are internal tank reactors, but the same design and principle can be used to make an inline reactor.

Attached Files:

yudagas likes this.
  4. ShadowMac

yudagas likes this.
  5. yudagas

from that forum i only get 1 conclusion that how i must make a lot of loop for CO2 mixed in water correct me if im wrong. And if i want to using my design i probably need to adding small pump to create more loop inside the chamber without disrupting the water flow also for the cleaning question i can only answer one of the end cap using that thing look like screw cap sorry i dont know the english i hope you get the idea

6. yudagas

[​IMG] revised the sketch

7. yudagas

Or might be something like this[​IMG]

8. ShadowMac

If you are serious about building the thing, skip the atomizer. The counter current breaks up the bubbles and dissolves them. You do not need it in a reactor. You get little if any gain for a lot of trouble

J Art likes this.
  9. yudagas

Ok then...i think the effort is not really necessary... gonna try to find the proper ingredient...

10. keithgh

keithgh Moderator Staff Member

A very interesting topic, could be worth following.

Keith:cat::cat:

11. yudagas

[​IMG] got this bottle 1L today(i wish mom not gonna go rage). I wonder if the bottle able to withstand the power of the filter ( i use sunsun canister filter 400L/h) and planning to use this power head to provide the venturi effect [​IMG] it has 200L/h flow rate and adjustable.

12. ShadowMac

If you are going to try and use it inline, my concern would be getting everything to seal well without leaking.

You are better trying to make the version that sits inside the tank and does not run through the canister.

13. ShadowMac